TFK 2022 Fun Running Log Thread

If I get 10k in today I’ll hit 2,600km.

7 Likes

Sensational lads!

1 Like

My biggest year to date

Dunno how you lads do two or three times that!

8 Likes

I run/cycle/walk on Strava so this is what I did for the year. Very happy to report that I did something every week of 2021 which I want to replicate in 2022.

8 Likes

Happy enough with this considering I had 6 weeks with no running around May and pulled right back to once or twice a week or so for the last 4 months of the year

10 Likes

You dominated the first half with a really fast start, downed tools for a period then tried to get back into it for the rest of the game. And you’re from Wexford…

:thinking:

I feel like there’s something you’re trying to say here

1 Like

He’s hinting you’re Lee Chin

3 Likes

Just got out for a last jaunt of the year. 2,292km to finish plus probably another 100km-200km as I only joined Strava for TFK February 5km Challenge. Happy new year, running friends. :running_man::tada::shamrock:

15 Likes

Faded out badly in December. I’ll try get in 100+ miles in Jan

7 Likes

Happy to give that number 10. I’d be sickened to finish on 299 for the year though. You should log a 500m cool down now to reach 300!

Yeah, I toyed with doing that alright. If you’re up in the middle of the night over the next while then feel free to research and alert us to January running gear/accessories bargains.

1 Like

I get a daily email from Asics with new deals that I’m pretty sure are the same every day. I’ll fire on anything useful in that if I find it

1 Like

Not sure if this is the right thread.
Question for @Mac and @caulifloweredneanderthal but anybody else please chip in.
I’m hoping to do a bit more off-road/mountain stuff, but don’t like carrying a traditional backpack and bottled water.
Do you guys use hydration packs or what’s the story,
Not sure what I’m looking for really but I don’t mind spending a few quid to get something good that will last

@Rintintin got some kind of vest with pouches for hydration packs

1 Like

Hydration pack/vest. Yep.

Salomon do good ones. I’ve a CamelBak one.

I’m also trying to track down this belt from Camelbak.
https://www.sportsshoes.com/product/cam225/camelbak-ultra-belt-(small_medium)-~-ss22/?_cur=2&gclid=Cj0KCQiAlMCOBhCZARIsANLid6ZHsVAi8D2wi_af6vOWM7XJVX-3IDSf9NXwzA5pBNsL22PmjjwFvaEaAo0xEALw_wcB#sku-cam225

1 Like

I have older versions of these. I find carrying water up by my shoulders much easier than around the waist. Much easier on the legs / hips.

The decathlon stuff is excellent for the price. Very durable

https://www.decathlon.ie/trail-backpack/307934-21398-unisex-trail-running-hydration-gilet-5-l-flask-holder-black.html#/demodelsize-200mslashl/demodelcolor-8553361

1 Like

Oh jaysus no. That man is an absolute legend

1 Like

Back out for a ramble on the hills today.

The ankle holding up, but still a bit to go until it’s fully right.

11 Likes