TFK BET - NFL GAA Week 1

Week 1 of our flagship GAA fantasy competition is ready to go. Click here to enter.

##Money:

Entry fee: €10
First place: 80% of prize money
Second place: 20% of prize money

##Structure:

Pick a total of 7 players from any* of the Division 1 NFL players for the first round of fixtures:

• 2 defenders
  • 1 midfielder
  • 4 forwards

There is a fairly light touch salary cap this round, because the salaries are a bit arbitrary. Really it’s only there to stop you filling your team with 4 established Dublin forwards and hoping they run riot.

##Scoring:

1. Defenders only:
    20 points per appearance
    -1 point for every point conceded
    -2 points for every goal conceded
    Defenders get 20 points for being on the pitch for any portion of the game. If they play at all, then they also lose points for every score their team concedes, irrespective of whether they were on the pitch for that score or not.
    (Rationale: data sources just aren’t reliable enough to be more exact).

2. All players (including defenders):
    -5 points for every point scored from a dead ball
    -10 points for every point scored from play
    -20 points for every goal scored (from play or from a dead ball).

* I seem to have forgotten to include Roscommon players. Apologies for any offence caused.
There may also be players missing from some panels. Let me know who has been left out so I can add them for subsequent weeks. They won’t be added to this week, as that’s unfair on early pickers (though you can edit your team right up to 6pm Irish time on Saturday).

Still 15 spots up for grabs in this.

I’ve also added a €5 pickem.

Matches in the first 3 divisions from this weekend.

Winner gets 80% of winnings. Second place gets 20%.

http://www.thefreekick.com/blog/fantasy/submit-picks/14367/

1 Like

I’ll be in Sat once there’s an odd few teams named, whatever faith you can have in them.

Kerry’s team named:

Cork (NFL Division 1 v Mayo): Ken O Halloran; Colm O Driscoll, Eoin Cadogan, Jamie O Sullivan; Tomas Clancy, Brian O Driscoll, James Loughrey; Ian Maguire, Mark Collins; Andrew O Sullivan, Paul Kerrigan, Luke Connolly; Daniel Goulding, Peter Kelleher, Brian Hurley.

Mayo team:

Mayo team to face Cork:

1. Robbie Hennelly (Breaffy)
  2. Brendan Harrison (Aghamore)
  3. Ger Cafferkey (Ballina Stephenites)
  4. Shane McHale (Knockmore)
  5. Lee Keegan (Westport, captain)
  6. Caolan Crowe (Garrymore)
  7. Shane Nally (Garrymore)
  8. Tom Parsons (Charlestown)
  9. Jason Gibbons (Ballintubber)
  10. Kevin McLoughlin (Knockmore)
  11. Aidan O’Shea (Breaffy)
  12. Diarmuid O’Connor (Ballintubber)
  13. Evan Regan (Ballina Stephenites)
  14. Donal Vaughan (Ballinrobe)
  15. Jason Doherty (Burrishoole)

Other teams from the NFL thread:

Monaghan (NFL v Roscommon): Rory Beggan; Colin Walshe, Drew Wylie, Ryan Wylie; Dessie Mone, Fintan Kelly, Karl O’Connell; Neil McAdam, Darren Hughes; Kieran Duffy, Dermot Malone, Owen Duffy; Ryan McAnespie, Thomas Kerr, Conor McManus. Subs: Mark Keogh, John McCarron, Conor Boyle, Vinny Corey, Mark Thornton, Padraic Keenan, Shane Carey, Stephen Gollogly, Conor McCarthy, Daniel McKenna, Barry McGinn.

Teams are coming out strong.

Dubs look good even down so many.

@Rocko can you confirmed I’ve entered the pickem, my card never debited? Also where are the draw result options, any reason for excluding them?

Also are Roscommon going to be put into the other comp?

You entered alright. You entered before you withdrew most of your winnings so no need to deposit. You should be able to see them on My Upcoming Entries or by seeing in the lobby that it says Edit instead of Enter.

1 Like

Not this week anyway because people have entered already.

Roscommon won’t help anyone this weekend pal.

An insipid response so far. Plenty of room left in both competitions.

Mate, you need to give us a draw option. I know it’s far less likely in GAA sports (especially handball) but it doesn’t sit right with me.

Tricky.

Not required for the flagship fantasy contest anyway.

I’m in that NFL comp now. Not many of the midfielders playing.

I’ve been asked to bump this thread to remind people to enter.

Mate, I gave you the missing Monaghan players a couple of weeks ago and you haven’t included them. Darren Hughes et al. Two half backs listed as midfielders etc.

Scratch that, Darren Hughes is in it.