TFK BET - NFL GAA Week 1

Yeah I made those amendments. Except I left players in a more advanced role of they played there in McKenna Cup.

This is a hurling forum, pal.

1 Like

Is it just me rocko and raylan?

@Bandage is in too.

I’m sure the likes of @Nembo_Kid, @Big_Dan_Campbell, @Chucks_Nwoko etc will be putting for their money down in the next couple of hours.

1 Like

Hopefully we see a head to head with @Nembo_Kid and @caoimhaoin in the same way Bando and Maroon went at it last week.

I will stick to making big money bets with @balbec over PMs

1 Like

Is there a lot of work in the totalling rocko?

And when might we see scores? (I realise you may have pointed this out somewhere but I have missed).

Not much work involved. But need to wait until match reports are up with proper totals etc. Should be this evening but depends on whether RTÉ do full details or not, otherwise it will ahve to wait until tomorrow.

Cool.

Its a great addition. Well done again.

Is there going to be ongoing sdjustments or is it this for the league?

Adjustments to rules or values or what do you mean? Open to suggestions - needs more interest though to be sustainable.

Defenders scoring should be rewarded more maybe, and midfielders. There is a bit of a skill to picking scoring defenders. But then on top of that they could cost more. Brian O’ Driscoll, James McCarthy, Lee Keegan types.

Yeah, I agree. Anyone who had Ryan McHugh this week will be laughing all the same.

So on midfielders - I didn’t want to overdo that because there are so many midfielders who line out elsewhere and so many defenders and forwards who play in midfield, especially during the league.

Defenders who get scores will make a difference. I wanted to put in an element of losing points for concessions, but had to make that small because need to protect against just picking players who don’t play. It’s tricky with dummy teams being named etc - hard to get the balance right between picking a good team versus picking a team of players you think/know will start.

A brief look and tot would make me think myself and rocko will be at the top

Its funny all the talkers like totti et al won’t take it on.

Looks to me like a win for @caoimhaoin and a heartbreaking 1 point loss for @Bandage.

Looks to me like a win for @Bandage and a heartbreaking loss for Kev.

Check your own scores please.

Did you forget to give Frank McGlynn appearance points, pal?

I did indeed.

I’m great at introducing late twists to these contests.

In my defence I got distracted by the 30 minutes it took me to find the fucking Donegal scorers. Shame on RTÉ and the Indo* and Hoganstand.

* They had the scorers but not in their main article on the match.

I would also say - if you’re checking scores, make sure to check appearances for defenders. My process for recording those was poor on reflection.

Will the hurling be up and running in time?

I’ll try not to sound either tantrumy or hurt or unloved here but:

I doubt it. Not worth the hassle for 4 entries.