TFK Capitalist Thread

Robinhood will no longer be posting the most popular holdings with a view to avoid the perception of culpability for day traders piling into the likes of Hertz and Kodak and eventually losing their shirts

It’s odd. I remember plenty of apparently wise people saying the financial elastic was stretched extremely thin, and it’d only take a small event for it all to snap and unravel, and then covid happened.
Is it simply the fact that all of the extra “money” being printed is ending up relatively dormant in the pockets of the super rich that is preventing it swilling about the place and provoking rampant inflation?
Doesn’t seem to make sense.
Can money be “unprinted”?

The Fed print money and use it to buy assets (much of it shit nobody wants like low yielding treasuries and mortgage debt) from the banks, the banks use the cash to buy equities which drives prices up and pleases their wealthy clients. It’s been going on since 2009.

It’s mental.

“It is well enough that people of this nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning”.

Attributed to Henry Ford, but he probably didn’t say it.

3 Likes

Soft likes, from a soft quote.

Thomas Jefferson knew the craic right at the start

“I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around(these banks) will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.”

2 Likes

Its good to know that the likes of the ECB have our back nowadays.

Economics and economic theory as any form of predictive tool is a cod.

1 Like

The banks aren’t the main protagonists any more. It’s all about the funds and shadow banking entities. Blackrock have their tentacles in the higher echelons on the US government like Goldmans had in the old days

And the cunts didn’t even reach the Leinster Senior Cup final

5 Likes

As far as most see any fiscal or monetary tool makes the very rich ( insert your percentage ) even richer .

That’s not nice

It’s a prime spot

3 Likes

Neither was the French revolution but it brought humanity on 100 fold

Did it really?

Yup

1 Like

Tell that to the lads gassed in the Somme.

I’m not sure about that any more.

1 Like