TFK Capitalist Thread

Private Equity firms are starting to take hair cuts and trying to sell assets. If things get worse they’ll just starting handing assets over.

Look at Blanchardstown Centre, Blackstone bought it for €950m, they gave the keys to GS as they had a loan of €750m and walked away. GS are trying to offload it for €650/700m but they would probably take less if there was anyone to buy it.

Oaktree bought The Square for €250m financed by AIB to the tune of €191m. The Square is for sale now for €170m but again they would probably take less just to get rid of it.

The office blocks are next. Anyone trying to refinance any loan now is fucked. They will do what Blackstone did and just hand the keys to whoever the loan is with and they will covert the loan.

November and December is always quiet for recruitment but I understand recruitment consultants are not getting the usual calls of we want x, y and z in the new year so their books are starting to look bare for next year.

I still think there is some money knocking about but people are starting to pull back on spending, that normally gets worse in January and if it doesn’t reverse in February or March then things might start going downhill.

FG might just pull an election around April when the weather turns hoping to save seats and let SF in to take the flak. There’ll be there’s weeks of uncertainty trying to cobble a Government together.

Sentiment is everything. Might be an interesting summer.

3 Likes

FG will do whats best for FG

Unlike SF, FF, Labour and every other political party ever.

The greens put the planet first mate

1 Like

Sorry. You’re right. The Greens put the planet first.

But putting the planet first will require significant sacrifices and changes to how we live. So fuck that.

1 Like

Cost of refinancing

They must be under savage pressure even with the sale of some of the hotels.

Charlie Munger, Warren Buffets right hand man, has died. 99 and a couple of billion in the bank. Not a bad run

2 Likes

Can’t take it with him.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/drbambrick/status/1740325203400434062?t=gl05zroixl7cvRmsSnfQRw&s=19

1 Like

That’s bidnis

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/2024/0120/1427698-atm-legislation/

Why would the government be promoting the use of cash? I thought they would be pushing for a cash free society to cut out tommers and drug dealing.

I must be missing something here.

Can an “expert” give me the low down on ETFs? Is now a good time to buy in?

The tax treatment of ETFs in Ireland is penal. Equity markets are at an all time high with the world on the verge of WW3 but if you’re in it for the long haul and don’t get nuked now us as good a time as any.

4 Likes

Better off buying stock in something like Berkshire Hathaway (Brk.B) or a fund like JP Morgan for tax purposes. Deemed disposal in Ireland for ETFs is a bollocks.

1 Like

Into the pension.

2 Likes

Trade Republic offering 4% on any balance up to 50k.

1 Like

Are they covered by the deposit guarantee?

Up to 100k.