TFK Capitalist Thread

I can think of only two biggish ones that commenced last year (Waterfront Central which has Citi as a tenant and the Frame).

That’s about 2.75 m sq ft of vacant office. Or about 27 European Money Laundering Authority space requirements in a market where the tech bros arent taking up any new space and building standards are changing daily. LEED buildings are already old hat. You can forget about anything pre LEED. The reality is that a lot of that space will stay vacant until a shit load of money is pumped into them to repurpose them or bring them up to the current standard. Spec office development should have been a thing of the past. It’s amazing how people fail to learn the lessons of history.

1 Like

There really isn’t hasn’t been a lot of speculative builds that started since Covid.

College Square is the big one but that’s mixed use.

@Tim_Riggins what’s the story with Bank Centre? Facebook took it and never moved in?

They moved in but didn’t occupy all of it.

The 6 floors of office here were recently given amended planning to be more residential

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Buying it back for €500m

https://twitter.com/johnlefevre/status/1775559657576157281?s=48&t=PYj9bwbGq9x8mR3JFzN-5Q

Some great hand signals from the trading floor in the replies

Is this Gamestop stuff happening all over again?

Roaring Kitty is back :rocket:

DeepFuckingValue!

I only watched the Netflix doc on it a few months ago but never finished it. Where did he disappear to?

Is with Gamestop again or some other stock?

Yep, Gamestop again which is what I don’t really understand

https://twitter.com/unusual_whales/status/1798811129516597722?t=vr-BpbNX8jR9OdKKOG6bCw&s=19

GameStop went up 46% today because Roaring Kitty scheduled a live stream for 12pm ET tomorrow. His first in four years.

2 Likes

SEC are having a shit fit. I can’t see what he’s doing wrong tbh. Goldman or Warren Buffet or whoever would tell you what stock they hold before they recommend it.

The issue is obviously the stock isn’t worth a fraction of its current value and hedge funds are getting slaughtered taking the correct but currently wrong side of it.

But sure Goldman created shit that was worth fuck all and sold it themselves, and nothing happened.

Seems like they don’t want anyone else playing the game. It is mad though. They reckon your man could make a billion before the week is over

Will be be able to crystallise the billin tho or just wooden dollars

Diamond hands

3 Likes

Be hard to sell into it. He holds a lot of options which in theory means it should be easier. He would have to sell into a market frenzy he has created to pull it off but as soon as he starts selling you’d imagine the market makers will know and kill the price

1 Like

The win is to get it high enough to crack the shorts so they have to buy back and sell into that. But that’s some tight rope. If he sells all the fellas hero worshipping him will be out to kill him too.

The mob is fickle, as they say

A Ponzi so really