TFK Casualties of the Corona Virus

Discontinued? A real pity we won’t get to see Marty Whelan or Cyril Farrell captivate the country with their quick step.

Tough break for Lottie Ryan

She’ll find a niche role in 2FM no doubt!

Being annoyingly bubbly isn’t a niche anymore. All the radio presenters are like that now. Blokes and all

Americanised D4 accents are a prerequisite nowadays.

If you are looking for something between Rioja and Bordeaux/Burgundy in terms of value, Rhone wines are a good bet. Southern Rhone in particular would be quite similar in taste to a good Rioja, due to the Grenache. Obviously CdP sets the standard, but Gigondas, Vacqueyras, Rasteau and Cairanne would be close in quality at decent prices. My go to wine for casual drinking is a Cotes du Rhone Villages, you should be able to get a very good Sablet or Valreas in the UK for 20 quid or less. Pick up a bottle of Gigondas, you won’t regret it.

Northern Rhone is exclusively Syrah, and can be excellent as well. Hermitage, Crozes-Hermitage, St Joseph and Cote Rotie (expensive). The other advantage of the Rhone is vintages are generally good to excellent, unlike Bordeaux which is spotty. 2015/16 are both outstanding vintages north and south.

4 Likes

She’s RTE royalty though

Like the radio version of Jordi Cruyff.

1 Like

Except Jordi’s Da was talented

4 Likes

This is just me, but I don’t find chateau NDP good value by and large. You’d easily pay thirty quid for something fairly mediocre. I don’t know enough about it really, but at thirty quid I’ve never had a bad rioja.
I’ll try those two though, the sablet and the valreas. I’d not heard of either.

1 Like

And Jordi was a very decent player himself. So nothing like them really

Would you believe it but I’ve had the opposite experience. I’ve never tasted a bad bottle of CdP and I’ve sampled a fair few. It’s a wine though that has to be either drunk young or left down for a decade or longer. I’ve had plenty shite Rioja, especially in Spain, but admittedly on the cheaper price range. I’ve also had Rioja reserva that was absolutely delicious, your Muga will be incredible to drink.

1 Like

Just luck and palate I reckon. I find rioja softer than CDP, but like I say, I don’t buy cheap stuff anymore.

Christ and we wonder why we don’t win as many All Irelands as Kilkenny.

1 Like

The Argos printed catalogue.

A fan of these for many years.

1 Like

TUI offices

1 Like

The lads who designed the 2020 Olympics logo. It was a thing of beauty.

Blackrock diving tower

cc @flattythehurdler