TFK Casualties of the Corona Virus

Bridie who monitors the self service tills told him

9 Likes

Tis fierce busy she said.

3 Likes

My missus was down there yesterday evening and they only had 4 tills open. She was 35 minutes in the queue. I’d have left the full trolley there and fucked off.

@iron_mike will surely know the answer

You’d have done whatever you were told.

He’s had the freedom of the country all year - the least he can do is compile a list of the top 5.

But didn’t people go absolutely ballistic when Glynn first mentioned this possibly being an issue?

They own the centre so they control what goes in. Any other Landlord would have a near full Centre as the footfall is good but Dunnes wont let out the units. Why put a Butcher in and get €60/70k rent a year when he could take €20k off them a week in meat sales.

Cornelscourt would be the busiest in the country followed by Blanchardstown,

Childers Road probably the busiest in Limerick. That Retail Park was a great development, hence the interest in it when Dolores was outbid by Irish Life. Traffic was always the only problem there and a local leader is looked after to keep the natives quiet around the place!

3 Likes

They have a unit there rented to BB’s, tucked away in the corner.
Then Dunnes went and put their own cafe bang smack in the middle of the floor. I’d say BB’s are seething and probably no way they renew their lease.

They use all the empty shops as store rooms.

I’d be blown away to hear that Dunnes in Childers road was busier than the one in Jetland which is nearly twice the size and has longer queues to get in at busy times

The one on Childers road is nearly bigger than the Jetland size wise I’d say? I’d be similarly surprised if it was making more money though

So the busiest Dunnes in the country is in Limerick and there’s an even busier Dunnes in Limerick too?!!

9 Likes

I havent been down around there in a long time.

The McDs drive thru was their worst performing restaurant in Ireland at one stage,

1 Like

Glynn and Holohan also said travel bans and masks are a cod.

People are allowed change their mind if evidence changes.

You are missing out mate, the revamped Dunnes is Limericks no.1 tourist attraction these days

2 Likes

That is hungry Lyon’s turf

Hungry Lyons > Supermacs > McDonalds

The Dunnes is class now in fairness. Pure robbery to do your weekly shopping their though.

The Jetland is a grand spot to park on match day. Just be sure to park near the exit. Then Up to the cafe in the centre of the centre for a coffee and a bun.