TFK Casualties of the Corona Virus

Was wondering was it the same issue. I just remember people going buck ape with Glynn for saying there was a potential risk. They’ll be frothing now that he wasn’t vocal enough with the warnings.

No

That new coffee shop is only for shapers like @Fagan_ODowd. I still much prefer BB or the Busy Bee when open.

I don’t think Dunnes own it but they are the anchor tenant so probably call the shots.

The post office moved there recently enough because yer man Davy pushed up the rent at Whitties. The Jetland were offering a much better deal.

The Dunnes Quarter

2 Likes

You’re probably right. Childers was always a really busy Retail Park and traffic was the problem there for years, Did Dunnes do some revamp a few years back in Jetland? It has probably over taken Childers then for sales.

Does the Parkway do much of a trade at all these days? It must have been some money spinner back in the 90s.

The area in the middle would be standing room only when there would be a sporting event on the 20 inch TV by middle aged men while the women folk got the weekly messages.

2 Likes

Yes I go down to Limerick to shape.

1 Like

whoever got planning for that was a some buck. A big shopping centre on a tiny roundabout that served 2 of the busiest roads in the City.

The Dunnes does okay, and there was actually a small resurgence of shops going into the other units in there, but i’d be surprised if half the units won’t be gone again now. There was a Dealz and an Easons gone in there. Dunnes just won’t give up the lease and let some other supermarket have it. Some fuckers

Dunnes own their unit in Parkway. Why sell their unit to a competitor and lose out on sales and markets share.

1 Like

It’s anecdotal evidence and seems to be more of it than when Glynn spoke. The truth is they don’t really know if there is a link as there are no studies on it. I saw some anecdotal evidence elsewhere of a risk of premature birth from vaccinations.

It’s a tough one. Mistakes in pregnancy in terms of vaccinations or not are by definition catastrophic

It was more the outrage to what he said that I found odd. He was merely highlighting a potential issue which is part of his job surely. If it is a real issue and he’d said nothing then there’s be outrage too. Guess people just like to fume.

Dunnes are utter cunts to deal with. They negotiate like tinkers, always coming back for more and breaking terms.

2 Likes

In terms of turnover , Cornells Court would still be the flagship. In terms of footfall, Jetlands would be up there but I’d say Newbridge is probably slightly busier. They measure these things in a number of different ways.

2 Likes

Newbridge is a monster. Full of cunts too, but you’ll have that in Kildare.

I think the problem was the way Glynn mentioned it at the time…he left it very loose…

I want it in terms of Ferrero Roche sales thats a real measure of affluence

1 Like

Maybe Glynn’s parents never read him “The boy who cried Wolf” as a child.

He’s deputy CMO at a young enough age so I wouldn’t be querying his parents about how they educated him.

All children dream of growing up to be Deputy CMO at a young age.

3 Likes