TFK Casualties of the Corona Virus

Unlikely he thought he’d be front and centre of Ireland’s approach to a global pandemic when growing up but getting abuse for warning vulnerable people about potential consequences to exposure of said virus?

They’ve made a fine job of the Newbridge store, walks all over the big Tesco next door.

1 Like

They’ve come within a million of Cornells court turnover a few years on the trot now. In airline terms that would constitute as "a very near miss:

Euro 2021 games (but only in Ireland)

The people of Bilbao will feel left out.

They at least got their games in Seville. We’re the only country that can’t do it. We’ve a savage virus here

They thought they would be able to basque in the glory of showing off their city to the rest of Europe, but they’ve had to bao to the inevitable and are left with nothing but the bil for it all.

1 Like

The job Dunne’s have done over the last decade in turning from low cost/value to more premium offering is quite impressive. Recognised the threat the entry of Lidl/Aldi was to their position and made a new plan

1 Like

They have had to drag the likes of @TreatyStones with them though, wanting premium product to show off on the Ravenous thread at yellow sticker prices

3 Likes

@Batigol’s arm.

Joe Walsh Pilgrim Tours gone to the wall now.

My mate in Aer Lingus has been told to prepare for a minimum three month layoff this winter.

You’d think it would be just starting to ramp up a bit by winter?

Just in time for the next lockdown

I’ve heard Aer Lingus in shannon is basically finished

Eamonn Ryan is out promoting being able to top up your Leap Card on your phone though at least.

Cork and Shannon airports are shagged altogether.

Would have thought so, but I suppose it’s seasonal too. Staff in 50% pay since last March. This is a consequence of Ireland’s decisions on how to manage international travel.

1 Like

But has not every country stopped travel to some degree? Is the uk full of visitors?

They are done. Deliberately left to die.