TFK Casualties of the Corona Virus

Surely a better headline to be made than that.

“Carter party rocked by paddy wagon wheel”

5 Likes

Giro d’Italia winner Egon Bernal.

1 Like

Stobart Air

Were they not gone anyway? Thought aer lingus ended up owning them or something

Nevils Shoes in Limerick

Michael O’Leary windmilling here on Saturday with Katie Hannon.

Aslan (possibly)

How can the government not protect them in this crazy world.

20 Likes

Gap in the market for a singing delivery driver with some interpretive dance thrown in.

Gimme some Aslan lyrics punned up with fast food there lads.

I have eaten out so many times,
Don’t know how, don’t know where, don’t care less it’s all the same…

2 Likes

Was wondering who would chime in with a ‘crazy world’ reference first :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Always the way when you’re down, everybody knocks you

Aslamazon

Poor Oul Billy McGuinness thought they were losing millions with people streaming their music for free

I had a signed Aslan single from the time they replaced Christy as lead singer.

I was playing football or running the Saturday they were signing it and I asked the aul lad to go and queue and get it for me as “it would be worth a fortune when they’re huge”. Bizarrely he did.

He sometimes reminds me of it.

8 Likes

Dignam and Goff had a regular slot in Nancy Spain’s backbar when he split from Aslan, they always did a good show.
Christy once stopped myself and my pal by Roches Stores on Patrick Street looking for directions to the Oyster Tavern, we were going that direction anyway so we strolled up with him, He was quite high at the time but was good company for the few minutes it took.

‘This is’ is a thing of beauty, most of the rest is shit but id pay a modest entrance fee just to hear that

3 Likes

the sister in law started going out with a lad,long before she met her husband, ahd he was mad ito aslan. so she started to go to their gis and bought all the Cds, id say they were going to 5 or 6 gigs a year.

its always great craic to see her cringe now when an aslan song comes on the radio now.

Aslan used to play a pub in Harolds Cross, the Inn in the Park I think it was, almost once a month there once upon a time. It was mayhem. Great times.

1 Like

Sympathy for poor oul’ Christy seems at a premium. He’s bolloxed altogether cos’ Joe Duffy is on holidays and Katie Hannon is at the tiller.
Compounding an already dire situation, there’s no LLS outlet to moan to.
Christy needs to get off his moany hole and write a COVID classic tune that captures the mood in the way the Jumbo breakfast roll did.

1 Like

Hard to have too much sympathy for a dope fiend.