TFK Casualties of the Corona Virus

Anti-lockdown/restrictions, pro-“it’s all a cod” posters now accusing anti-lockdown/restrictions, pro-“it’s all a cod” Twitter accounts of being in on a conspiracy.

You love to see them turning on each other.

Big Pharma vaccine loyalists now turning on their Big Pharma execs who are palsy walsy with gov cabinet ministers and pushing a pro-vaccine angle.

Fascinating to watch the right wing vaccine zealots turn on each other.

Sssshhhhhh keep that quiet

1 Like

Wasn’t that lad just reposting HSE figures? Paddy’s casting the twitter trawling net fairly wide.

2 Likes

All Paddy did was point out that he was a Pfizer exec and palsy with high ranking FG members.

Why the Pfizer exec deleted his account is another issue?

It’s all very similar to the Danny2care chap or whatever his name was. Throwing out very pro-govt policy tweets, gathering loads of followers under the pretense of being a completely honest broker when he was heavily aligned otherwise.

You’d imagine Paddy is getting his retaliation in first.

Dublin football

Roadbridge?

I heard that last night, in a bad way apparently. How could you go bust in construction* at the minute like :see_no_evil:

*They were taking on big jobs at tiny margin I hear

Very very easily

Contract at a price. Inflation kicks in everywhere except the contract price. Delays due to Covid, lack of labour, electricity and fuel prices etc etc

They are in receivership. Requested their Bank to appoint receivers

A horrible shower of cunts but it’s the poor staff now who’ll be fucked over

can be saved surely? Has to be a viable bidness

Tiny margins. They made 2m quid off 220 M turnover or something the last few years

But yes. Id imagine there is something salvageable. Interesting they didn’t look to go down examinership route though if felt could trade out of it. Maybe a reformed version will take on renegotiated contracts now

If you were a builder with 20 houses pre contracted last summer for 300k a pop I’d say you are sweating bullets now… Not to mind the scale of roadbridge

Not to get all technical, but it would depend on the contract in place. The most common contract is the RIAI form and in that Clause 36 deals with materials and labour increases. Usually this was struck out in years gone by, but any builder now should never agree to that in the currwnt climate. I also when advising clients tell them theyd only be a robbing cunt if they tried keep it struck out and not take into account how much inflation is affecting costs. Vast majority take it on board and are fine, some dont. And more often than not the builders are fine as there isnt any huge delay so it isnt invoked. But it needs to be retained as a type of insurance for the builder.

Its the new form of contract used in public funded works that really fucks builder’s over. I think inflation only kicks in after 36 months or so @Mullach_Ide would know that better.

3 Likes

The “new” Public Works Contract was introduced in the middle of the recession and enabled the transfer of risk from the client to the contractor, unfairly in some instances, but that needs to be looked at in relation the consultants fees being slashed as well meaning the quality of tender documentation was shite and design teams were dumping all the risk onto the contractor.
In fairness they have been tweaking the contracts as they have been going along to eliminate the perception of unfairness.
Etenders went from getting over 20 tenders for projects to some projects only getting one or two returns as builders decided money was earned easier elsewhere.

In January a number of temporary measures were introduced to deal with cost inflation including the reduction of the fixed price period to 24 months and permission of mutual cost recovery within the fixed price period for material price changes in excess of 15%.
There is also an allowance for cost indexing between the tender date and contract award date (tenders usually stand for 180 days in PWC)

2 Likes

Would ye think Roadbridge is saveable?

Hard to know without knowing the level of insolvency.
Not sure what major government projects they are on at the moment.
Somebody told me once that the largest of construction companies are still only 12 to 14 weeks from insolvency depending on market forces.
Sisk had a major problem a few years back due to their venture in Poland going pear shaped.
MD left as a result.

I recall roadbridge had problems in Poland along with disk? 10 or 12 years back

Jacinda Ardern

1 Like