TFK "feedback" thread on big move

I’ve created a few topics with guides on how to find your way around TFK after our big move. See this topic for a list of all the help.

If you have any feedback on this site, or questions then ask away in here. @Bandage and I will be only too glad to help.

Will the board be able to handle the deluge of new posts?

the 5 character minimum posting requirement doesnt suit my posting style

This just occurred to me @Rocko but I don’t think our pre-look at the forum was worth a bollox until the rest of the cunts filed in and there were shit loads of threads to read.

Are there a couple of days posts missing from the new site?

Yeah you’re right. But it took a few days to get the million or so posts across so I couldn’t really import them and then leave the gap much longer for more feedback.

I think it looks better with more content on it - I think I said to have a look at the likes of:
https://community.imgur.com/ or
https://twittercommunity.com/
to see what it looks like with a bit of content.

Yep. Took a few days to get across so lost about 36 hours or so.

@Rocko the avatar egging seems to have been disabled?

1 Like

I don’t like my underscore.

Hmmm, I didn’t realise that had happened.

Yeah it looks like any spaces and apostrophes[e.g. Kinvara’s] have been changed to underscores. Curious that it didn’t cause login issues.

Not a fan of suggested topics. It’s old stuff I’ve read before presumably?

Cheers @Rocko. Thanks for the help.

1 Like

Agree on this.

If you could replace them with four most recent unread topics that’d be better

I’m fairly indifferent on it. I might make them less prominent if people don’t like them. They might turn out to be useful so just want to leave them for a while.

There is a direct link at the bottom (underneath the suggested topics) to unread topics. It might be a bit quirky now for you if you’ve just logged in so it looks like you’ve read nothing. That will sort itself out as you browse a bit more and unread topics will be more like what you’re expecting.

Jesus.

2 Likes

High praise mate.

2 Likes

This is horrendous. It seems like you purposely went out of your way to detract from the boards’s “fun factor”.

I’m an advocate of the evolution of technology but this all seems a step backwards.

@Rocko
are the threads still in chronological order on the main page?
there appears to be a heap of threads missing, for example " the north kildare thread" i started yesterday morning is gone

posts since Wednesday are all gone Mickee

1 Like