TFK Fun Runners Thread 2024

I let a shout at @backinatracksuit as he was heading towards Gaelic Grounds but he ignored me

2 Likes

Was just talking to a female friend of mine and she completed the marathon in a very respectable 3 hrs 48 mins.

45 years of age. Maith an cailĆ­n.

3 Likes

Delighted to give them both the same congratulatory Strava message but in a different word order.

Well done pal, brilliant running.

Brilliant running, well done pal.

3 Likes

Just in the car heading home. Survived the half again but a little slower than last year, no surprise given the lack of training. That hill at the Gaelic Grounds is a killer at that stage and must be a nightmare for the lads doing the marathon. Decent temperatures made it difficult also but there was a huge crowd around the city. Knee is start to throb but Iā€™m hoping that a few bottles of Clonmel Chardonnay will fix thatā€‹:beer::beer:

8 Likes

Up Limerick

3 Likes

The heat was intense . About 30 seconds off a PB but I loved every min. Took it steady as she goes and was comfortable for the whole lot of it. Iā€™m hopeful it bodes well for the marathon later in the year . Iā€™ve decided I can plug away at 4.10-4.15 pace near all day but when I dip below 3.55 it taxes me

12 Likes

Iā€™d imagine youā€™re the type of lad that already has the ā€˜Kind Regards/ Regards, @Bandageā€™ in your work email signature as opposed to tailoring it to each individual recipient.

1,161 in the Marathon
3,274 in the Half
5,995 in the 6 mile

Massive increase on last year.
I think the half was up about 800 and the 6 mile was up nearly 1,500!

I think they had 14,000 registered.

2 Likes

How was the heat for you? Did your daily sauna visits help regulate your body temperature to cope better with the heat? A few acquaintances/club mates had second half fade outs in Limerick & Belfast yesterday in the marathon, similar to what @Mac mentioned. Although one of my fellow chartered accountants & driver of the CAI policy push for better childcare provision to allow us fun run during the day, did a negative split in Limerick & came 4th in the marathon. I thought that was a savage effort. I see the fire brigade was hosing runners down during the Drogheda 10km yesterday.

3 Likes

Was thinking that must be the case yesterday standing at the Strand. The 6 milers took a long time to get past.

Some runners got a bit caught up with walkers, prams and dogs around there for a while.

@Declan_Moffat were your friends hanging around the Strand yesterday morning? Few English lads giving great support outside it as we were heading out towards North Circular Road.

@Jahan I didnā€™t see the 6 mile, i was sinking pints by then, but i can only imagine it was fairly chaotic. And as usual youā€™ll have people with zero self awareness, pushing themselves up to the front at the start and then walking.

2 Likes

A negative split on that course is impressive. The last 6km is very tough. I had mentally prepped to just accept a few sections were going to be very hard and wasnā€™t too hard on myself when my pace dipped back. The North Circular Road had some good shade in spots and one house had a hose setup outside so i ducked under that.

Noticed plenty of what I assume were Marathon lads after pulling up at various stages. I also saw a pacer walking back into town on his own with his balloons still attached.

1 Like

They were. That was them. They were very hungover

1 Like

Paudie Maher did a negative split on marathon by about three minutes :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

FAO of any Dublin / Leinster / South East dwellers. Wicklow Athletics open up their County Road 5km race to outsiders. Last year it was an out and back from Jack Whites on a pretty flat track. This year its from Arklow Rugby Club along what Iā€™m told is a nice fast route. Its right off the M11 so easy to get to and will have a large group so plenty of lads to latch onto. Entries below if anyone interested in having a crack at a 5k PB or time trial

Best of luck in Leeds tomorrow @Locke.

Send me on the fundraiser link too please.

2 Likes

Thanks e-pal. Sent onto you there now.

Send me the link as these woke wankers have banned from nearly every forum on here. Best of luck tomorrow

1 Like

Banned from sending private messages, thatā€™s serious!!!

Me bollix

Whatā€™s your target time @Locke? If you beat it, I propose you go to the closest Wetherspoons, post the location up here and weā€™ll send rewards drinks to your table for you

2 Likes