TFK Fun Runners Thread 2024

@Locke best of luck Mo Chara. Iā€™ll take a PM with the fundraising link.

1 Like

Iā€™d love to think Iā€™ll go below 4:30. But itā€™s hot here on the mainland and itā€™s a hilly course too. Iā€™ll let you know either way how I go.

1 Like

Youā€™ve the training in the bank. Enjoy the victory lap :smiley:

1 Like

Best of luck @Locke!

1 Like

Letā€™s go!

12 Likes

Great running @Locke :clap:
Looks an absolutely ridiculous 3km uphill stretch around 30km

3 Likes

I hope his watch is fucked as thatā€™s a ridiculous climb!

Well done @Locke. Let us know the Wetherspoons youā€™re in and the table number :joy:

3 Likes

@Locke ! @Locke ! @Locke !

The T, The T, The T F K.

Brilliant stuff. I couldnā€™t imagine running the length of myself in that heat. Some elevation on that course :face_vomiting:

2 Likes

Hardly get a Smithwicks there

1 Like

Did anyone here do the Terenure 5 mile? Iā€™d say it was carnage in that heat

Heā€™ll be happy with a nice warm John Smithā€™s and some pork scratchings

1 Like

Well done @Locke, great stuff.

Probably coming home via 3 buses, 2 trains & a ferry, as if it was a corporate trip.

2 Likes

The hill was indeed nuts. It was definitely 3 mile if not more. Didnā€™t walk a step of it :muscle: and just kept going. Support was unreal and the scenery up and down ā€˜Dale was incredible. But like what was said, fucking hilly!!
Thanks for all the support lads. No Wetherspoons, heading back to York with the family for cans of Ale and a take away.

12 Likes

I was watching for a few minutes at about the half way mark so hard to gauge at that point. It was very warm and muggy and any of the lads from the club that ran it were 20 or 30 seconds off what they were hoping for. Think I spotted a couple of Croghan vests.

1 Like

Worse, a Ryan Air flight.

Missed it this year as I was at Peppa Pigā€™s Fun Day Out in The Olympia.

2 Likes

Yeah they had a gang of them doing it as a target race on a progression plan. And then 2 of the very good lads had podium finishes in their age categories. One of them being the county minor football manager

I saw him and he looked to be suffering a bit but think he always does? What age is he?

He always has a look of agony on his face. Heā€™d be older than Colm I think and runs in M45 so somewhere between 45 and 50!

1 Like

Anyone running the Fastlane this weekend?

Iā€™m in for the half. Not the most exciting course I suspect but very flat and I needed to put some sort of race in the diary to keep me sane

2 Likes