TFK gaming thread

I have not played in months. Kids never let me near the PS4 now anyway

1 Like

Is this in a similar vein to SimCity? I had a shit load of mods downloaded for SC4.

I havenā€™t played an auld game in years.

Similar, great game of unforeseen consequences

Iā€™ll take it that youā€™re all grown up so?

Iā€™m definitely older, more boring and more bored, but as @Batigol keeps pointing out, I certainly havenā€™t stopped growing.

Iā€™d little or no real interest in the ā€œgameā€ aspects of SimCity come to think of it. There was some cheat code to make your budget unlimited and off I went, mainly trying to make the cities as aesthetically ā€œrealā€ as possible.

Iā€™d like to think the problem-solving subplots would appeal to my more middle-aged mindset now, but Iā€™ve a pile of actual budgets and estimations to work through on the lock-down.

I got sim city for the phone but itā€™s meh.

Retro Bowl is seriously addictive

:clap:

Go onā€¦

I also enjoy sticking on Twitch on the tv when working from home. Nice to dip in and out of

Is that watching other lads playing games?

1 Like

Yeah, they stream what they are playing. Easy to just dip in and out of.

1 Like

FF7 Remake coming soon. :clap:

The latest update on warzone :clap:

The rumble is great craic even if the the javelin is hugely overpowered

1 Like

Anyone here have an Oculus Quest, or any strong opinion on them?

I was just about to ask the same question. Iā€™m trying to steer the young lad towards one rather than a console. Thrill of the fight looks like deadly sport altogether

1 Like

Theyā€™re class, so they are

1 Like

I put this on the backburner for a while and picked it up in the last couple of months to keep myself entertained and been making quick enough progress. Building myself a new system for Christmas. Gonna cost me about ā‚¬150 all in.

Found some excellent resources online that are a huge shortcut in creating the emulators and configuring them within a nicely menuā€™d system. I got a gigantic (256GB) image file of a fully configured Raspberry Pi4 build including tens of thousands of games from 1970s pixel garbage up until early 2000s PS1, PSP and Dreamcast. (N64 is a bit of a annoying mixed bag in emulator land).

Raspberry Pi canā€™t do PS2 yet so my next iteration down the line will probably be PC based. Iā€™ve seen some impressive fully built arcade units online that can emulate PS2 and PS3, light guns, trackballs etcā€¦ Longer term, more expensive project for me over the next couple of years.

If anyone is interested in building their own itā€™s really not that difficult. I can point you in the direction of good resources and best parts.

3 Likes

Probably been posted long ago but the original PS4 Spider-Man game is excellent. Picked it up on the store the other day. Very enjoyable

Name the game.