TFK Hurling team of the last 20 years - Centre Back

Because heā€™s a vastly superior player to both.

1 Like

Dont be modest there mate, you could easily add yourself in there. TBH you could nearly have picked out the lads who were going to have a good ol vaginal discharge over this.

No it was usually chocolate mice that would start pm groups to mobilise the simpletons. Thank god that simpleton cleared off.

Youā€™ve suffered more than most with these polls and vote offs ā€” these lads know nothing about pain.

Ok mate ā€¦ you need to take a ten minute time out thereā€¦ youā€™re bubbling away and making a show of yourself.

TFK was built upon polls. Its the most noble part of us all.

All three are/were good centre backs on all ireland winning sides. Maybe one of them could have made the list ahead of Ronan Maher but Maher has been a very good defender for 5 years + for Tipp and deserved to be nominated somewhere. I went with centre back for him as he played a good chunk of hurling there especially under Michael Ryan.

But it is a moot point - if Hannon, Ryan or Mcinerney had longer as I/C defenders they would have made it. Given it is a 20 year team it is only fair to give a nod to longevity. If it was being picked as the best team currently then Hannon would be on the list but it is a 20 year side.

There is no harm in the Galway posters and they donā€™t really stick together like the limerick posters. Not all thereā€™s a few exceptions obviously like copper, dodgey and batigol who are proper gaa me and the Askeaton clique.

Declan Hannon is better than Ronan Maher or Peter Barry.

There is going to be some outrage when Shane Dowling doesnā€™t make the polls for the forwards

4 Likes

All this bitching and moaning about a position that Ken McGrath is gonna romp home in.

These limerick fellas are gas.

I wished Iā€™d kept my mouth shut Just to watch the meltdown when Damien reale doesnā€™t make the cut. Hannon is the only limerick player that should really make the cut.

Fingers Oā€™Connell will surely get a nomination.

Iā€™m having a meltdown if you donā€™t put in Declan Hannon

I dont think anyone is denying that Hannon is a good player ā€¦

Dec Hannon is an excellent player. Very nice fella off the field too by all accounts.

I think Hickey and Finn deserve nods at corner back. Finn has only three years but the two all stars in that time means he should get the nod on the list.

Not trying to wind the Limerick lads but if Hannon or Casey had the all stars I probably would have included them. Limerick lads rate them highly but not as highly as the rest of the country. I donā€™t think the same is true of Finn who is regarded as good a corner back as there is at the moment.

2 Likes

I donā€™t rate Casey as highly as many. Finn maybe but itā€™s a competitive area If you are only going with eight nominees.

What sort of fella is he like on the field? I played with a lad once who would chat away to his direct opponent when the ball wasnt around, the friendliest chap you ever met. Then the ball would come, heā€™d murder yer man in a 50/50, make shite of him, and then go back and help him up and carry on the conversation as if nothing ever happened. Poor opponents never knew what way to take him.

I have a dozen or so for the corner back slot

1 Like