TFK Hurling team of the last 20 years - Centre Back

You can go back through my old posts - I rate Stephen Oā€™Keeefe higher than those last three. I think he is an excellent all round keeper but i didnā€™t include him as on the face of it Nash and Callinan had better careers. I am not a fan of Nash but when he is on his game his distribution is as good as there has been in the game. Quaid is a solid keeper. Any two of those four could have been included, it was a toss up - Nash and Callinan got the nods on the basis one won multiple all stars and the other an A/I and an All star over the other two.

1 Like

Oh did you ever get the feel
Did you ever get the feel
Did you ever get the feel
Of a fiver

Fewer seasons than Hannon so?

You are, at least, consistently inconsistent. You canā€™t even stick to your own rationale for selections. Itā€™s pretty funny. Perhaps you should acknowledge that.

1 Like

The same but he had been a standout intercounty defender for longer, hence why he got the nod. Itā€™s a marginal call.

Two seasons plus a few games compared to three seasons? If you canā€™t see the repeated pattern of your own bias itā€™s pretty funny.

As @Big_Dan_Campbell alluded to earlier McGrath was the best hurler but Curran was the best centre back. McGrath seemed to be putting out fires in Waterfords back line. Curran however orchestrated alongside Cusack how Cork played. He was always a link for the other backs and his use of ball was excellent. This was also done by being dominant at 6. By far the most important outfield player and underrated on that Cork team. Theyā€™ve never even come close to replacing him.

3 Likes

As an aside I think Hannon should have been included. He has done it there in 3 championship campaigns with silverware to back it up. He was excellent the day KK beat them in 17.

Although I still wouldnā€™t have voted for him.

Heā€™d have been happy with a nomination I spose.

1 Like

Hannon is a mullocker of the highest of orders.

Twasnt long ago the Limerick fellas didnt know what to do with him, and wanted the goalie at centre back. Now heā€™s the greatest centre back in 20 years.

I love those crazy bastards.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a good lad to stand there howlding the gansy of a nippy forward just up from minor.

1 Like

Let alone that, but when he had a quiet game you werenā€™t allowed talk about it because of his condition :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Ken McGrath. Next question.

1 Like

He was badly exposed against a very limited Kilkenny team last year

If Brian Begley doesnā€™t get the nod at full forward itā€™s a complete farce

1 Like

Regardless of the outcome this has been a roaring success and lit the fires in here which are missing due to no Munster Championship.

I think the full back poll will probably break the record for the highest vote turnout in a poll on TFK.

1 Like

Brian Corcoran not being included on this is questionable. A better player than all included on that list IMO. Carried Cork through the awful decade of the 90s

Exactly, the 90s. This is solely 2000 onwards. If it was a 25 year team him and a good few others would be rightly in the mix.

2 Likes

Jesus :man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like