TFK Hurling Team of the last 20 years - Corner backs

FFS :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m torn between Barrett or Canning for my second choice

He hasn’t a clue

Id normally expect such wummery from yourself!

Tyrell was a mailer, but he knew his strengths and his role. A lot of those lads listed would be more natural corner backs and I would probably pick a few of them ahead of Tyrell based on that

What? Very limited hurler. JJ or Tommy in front of him and Hickey beside him. He was decent but nowhere near this conversation in all honesty. Cathal Barret has more Hurling in his bitch slap hand than JT, for example

2 Likes

I’ve handed in my key board. Tyrell was an animal. A dog of a man. Finn needs x 5 of his 2018 seasons to be mentioned in the same breadth as Tyrell.

Finn is currently the best defender in the country. Tyrell was often not even the best defender in his own club ffs, stop.

It’s a hurling poll. JT was a beast. Better than Ollie Canning

1 Like

Finn needs to do what he did in 2018 x 5 seasons. Corner backs don’t need to be hurlers. They need to stop their men from hurling. Tyrell was an animal. Agreed he was a limited hurler but if you wanted a stopper he was your man. A beast.

Tyrell was the worst of the back 6 in the heyday of that Kilkenny team. No shame in that but he’s overrated because of hyping himself up and a few cheap shots he gave

Is it a Hurling poll?? Or a beast poll? JT nowhere near the same hurling ability as Canning. Or Barrett. Not even on the same planet as Finn.

Ah here come on ffs

Jackie Tyrell was phenomenal for Kilkenny and an automatic starter on the so called greatest team of all time. He ruined Lar Corbett’s life. He’s an absolute shoe in for the No.4 jersey

1 Like

Ye ah and he wrote a book and is on the Sunday Game so must have been class yeah? :rollseyes:

Kavanagh & Canning.

1 Like

I couldn’t disagree more. He’s cleaned out some amazing forwards

Finn and Jackie Tyrell.

Brian Cody would fucking laugh his hole off at you

Tyrell was never the best corner back Kilkenny had actually looking at it. Mick Kavanagh better while he was there and Paul Murphy was better until Tyrell retired

1 Like