TFK Hurling team of the last 20 years - corner forwards

I’m just pointing out that you’ve deviated from your own criteria and violated the integrity of your own rules, again.

What would you expect from a pig but a grunt

Typical civil servant

Have you a list of these rules handy?

Pretty sure in my very first post I covered this citing JJ Delaney as an example of the select few who would be nominated in multiple positions which I specified at the start of every thread.

“Also i would advise lads to vote for players to be picked in where they feel there best position is. For example - JJ Delaney will be nominated at Full Back and if he doesn’t get the full back slot then he will also be part of the half back vote so if lads feel he was a better wing back then vote for him there.”

1 Like

You would hope that he just forgot that Canning was selected centre forward and made an error. Otherwise he is an even bigger cry baby than I anticipated

2 Likes

You’ve tremendous patience with him. Have you any experience dealing with special needs?

Think horgan and Whelan are out of place with the rest of the nominees here.

It’s quite simple really. Canning should be available for selection in both, otherwise you’ve skewed your poll by arbitrarily putting him available for selection at 11 only. @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy came up with a far better system for dealing with just this scenario, which obviously have implications for other players potential for selection.

1 Like

That’s your opinion on how it should be run. Can you show me where I have deviated from my own criteria and violated the rules I set out as you said earlier? Looking forward to where I have posted misleading rules and criteria. A great learning opportunity for future polls.

It’s quite simple. You’ve arbitrarily decided that a lad who won multiple all stars in two positions should only be nominated in one of them. If you don’t see how that impinges on the integrity of the poll then you’re a dullard.

1 Like

That’s not what I decided at all. That is simply a poor interpretation from you, I am sorry if you were unable to get your head around the logic here, I didn’t think it was overly complex and was easily interpreted on the face of it by the vast majority of participants in the polls. So I apologise if it went over your head and upset you.

I simply did not include players who were selected on the team in later polls as it would not be logical to have a player selected in two positions. If the good people of TFK had selected a different option at 11 then Canning would have been included in later polls just as Brendan Maher, Henry Shefflin, JJ Delaney, TJ Reid, Richie Hogan, Ben O’Connor, Seamus Callinan and Lar Corbett were as they did not get a spot on the team in the earlier polls/positions they were nominated in.

There is no logic, it’s entirely arbitrary.

If you say so. Thanks for taking part in the polls.

It’s entirely logical. Canning won the vote for centre forward. If the full forward vote was before the centre forward one, he’d likely have won that. Should Tommy Walsh have been included in the midfield and half forward votes too?

1 Like

Eoin Kelly & Fast Eddie. Simple as that.

4 Likes

+1

So it’s arbitrary. Agreed. Thank you.

Personally I’d have picked Eoin Kelly at full forward, not in the corner.

Ouch…

Only played a fraction of his starts there so I’d disagree with that tbh. A superb corner forward in that time frame, I’d have DJ with him too only for 20 year part of vote.

It’s a team and he’s already on the team mate. Fucking hell

1 Like