TFK Hurling Team of the last 20 years - Wing Backs

How many times in big games were you shouting stop pucking the ball down on top of Tommy…they wernt of course he was just there. A mighty man

Walsh is the second best hurler I’ve ever seen, I think. And JJ is in only a small bit behind him, but I just loved the swashbuckling style of Walsh. What a player.

I’m in the minority but I think JJ was better at FB than HB. A natural defender.

Walsh was just an outstanding hurler. Put him anywhere and he’d hurl the shit of the man he was on. He could catch the ball over the head of giants, defend, score, battle, whatever you like.

He was an awful loss to clarehurlers.com

A word on Eamonn Corcoran in there, class player think he gets forgotten about. Just the wan all star but a seriously stylish player & hitting sidelines 60 yards before it was fashionable.

Always seemed to play well against Limerick, a yellow helmet mopping up ball for 70mins is my memory from the terrace anyway.

Shefflin did give him a bit of a roasting in 02 all the same, think they were in WIT together, bit of a build up at the time between them after fitz.

Anyway my vote goes to Mark Foley, no explanation needed & Tony Browne because I heard he was sound.

2 Likes

So? Shoot from there.

With the likes of Eddie, Henry, Taggy, Richie x 2, Larkin, Gorta, DJ etc waiting for ball inside?

Cody wouldn’t have tolerated that for long :joy:

1 Like

I also voted Mark Foley and Tony Browne. Bugler ffs! :joy:

All those lads could win their own ball

They’d be doing well to win it with it flying wide/over the bar from 70 yards.

Speaking of which, where is Diarmuid Byrnes?

Fairly emphatic win for the two lads as expected.

TFK first team selection so far

Cummins
Canning - Burke - Tyrell
Walsh -McGrath - Delaney

Second string

Fitzhenry
Finn - Richie McCarthy - Barrett
Foley - McMahon - Maher

Couldn’t argue with that. TFK strangely rational and coherent on this so far.

Not like you not to argue, you cunt .problems at home ?

keep it going big Mick