TFK Injury List- Roll Call

Can we get a full list of forumites who are crippled with injury and what their ailment is? As we are a fair cross section of the nation as a whole, it will be interesting to see the results of this, any common themes and what percentage of the country is in bits and why.

Mark Renton- S.I/Lower back problems. Can run but no heavy weights.

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 975646, member: 1796”]Can we get a full list of forumites who are crippled with injury and what their ailment is? As we are a fair cross section of the nation as a whole, it will be interesting to see the results of this, any common themes and what percentage of the country is in bits and why.

Mark Renton- S.I/Lower back problems. Can run but no heavy weights.[/QUOTE]
Your fingers must be fucked too surely?

[QUOTE=“Mark Renton, post: 975646, member: 1796”]Can we get a full list of forumites who are crippled with injury and what their ailment is? As we are a fair cross section of the nation as a whole, it will be interesting to see the results of this, any common themes and what percentage of the country is in bits and why.

Mark Renton- S.I/Lower back problems. Can run but no heavy weights.[/QUOTE]
Opposite mate, no runs longer than 20/30 mins. Weights are grand. Former poster @Bandage will be thrilled to learn my back is better after a recent strain.

Two herniated disks means no weights for me. TRX training and interpretative dance is fine though. Currently playing havoc with my piriformis.

If you were to press in and rub the general area on your spine where the disks are herniated can you feel a sensitive spot, so to speak?

Sore lower back and massive bruise on elbow from falling down the stairs of McDonagh’s pub in Blackrock on Sunday night. My Paleo diet interfered with my ability to hold wine/pints. Will try and run through the pain this evening, but would be doubtful.

Depends if it’s playing up or not but if it is, then yes. Probably 80% of the time, I am pain-free but if something throws me off then I could be in bits for 2 or 3 weeks at a time. It would break a lesser man.

Since my injury there is an area on my lower spine that If I press in it is like pressing in on a bruise.

I’ve already diagnosed you more than 6 months ago and you consistently ignore my advice. I am reluctant to go down this road again but I will do so because your one of top 50 favourite posters on here. Listen to me and listen good-you have all the symptoms of a herniated disk, go get an MRI done, get it confirmed and start the treatment. You can still be awesome as long as you manage it properly, do plenty of stretches and don’t do anything silly. I despair when I see you posting about pissing money away on physios and whatnot.

Don’t fear it, embrace it.

Sciatic nerve issues, dry needling once a year sorts me out…

Are you pressing on your arsehole?

General knee problems. Dislocated the knee cap 12 months ago and took a few ligaments with it. I think there is some cartilage problem still as there is a crunching noise when I go up and down steps or try a squat. The medial patellorfemoral ligament that holds the kneecap onto the bone is gone and Mr. Harty says he won’t operate until the 3rd dislocation, this is my second one. He told me to build it up and i’d be grand to play away, but I’ve no confidence in it whatsoever.

[QUOTE=“Horsebox, post: 975681, member: 1537”]I’ve already diagnosed you more than 6 months ago and you consistently ignore my advice. I am reluctant to go down this road again but I will do so because your one of top 50 favourite posters on here. Listen to me and listen good-you have all the symptoms of a herniated disk, go get an MRI done, get it confirmed and start the treatment. You can still be awesome as long as you manage it properly, do plenty of stretches and don’t do anything silly. I despair when I see you posting about pissing money away on physios and whatnot.

Don’t fear it, embrace it.[/QUOTE]

If it is, it coincides with S.I issues- As soon as I got insoles to even out leg length (one leg slightly longer than other ) most of the pain disappeared. Before I couldn’t stand for more than ten minutes with the pain, now I can stand all day with proper supports and it is good.

OS Trignum issues in the right ankle. On the mend.

knee, hip and quad problems…i need to spend the winter in the gym doing core but I just couldn’t be arsed …

FYI. A lot of problems- particularly sports/running based- stem from a weak lower back.

sore back every morning when I get up, eases off during the day.
Definitely seem to be caused by running.
Should probably do core exercises but don’t know much about them bar the plank

Femoroacetabular Impingement - left and right hips.

Torn cartilage - right hip.

[QUOTE=“Dirty Hands Walter, post: 975728, member: 9”]Femoroacetabular Impingement - left and right hips.

Torn cartilage - right hip.[/QUOTE]

sound like riding injuries of the sexy type not the horsey type…

[QUOTE=“Dirty Hands Walter, post: 975728, member: 9”]

Torn cartilage - right hip.[/QUOTE]

what do you for that?..is it an operation?..i think I have something similar but it can be fine most of the time but when it rubs a certain way me leg just buckles…then I’m fine again for months after…a physio told me about 15 years ago its probably just damaged tissue lodged in an a certain spot…