TFK International Business Travel Thread

Card yes. Iā€™m not sure what would happen if you refused point blank to pay

Heā€™ll get it back with no wheels

Thatā€™s grand and you are normally whipping out a credit card for incidentals anyway.

Being prompted for a payment just off a plane before you even get to security is South American shit. Iā€™ve never flown to Knock before so had no idea they did this. Do you get a tacky model of the Virgin Mary in return?

Its a departure tax although I think they call it a development tax - few bob for the tar mac Boss!

What is it, a tenner?

Yep

A tenner??! By God.

What a country!

@Batigol

Are you getting stakes in the knock money?

No. I work in Dublin.

Any word on what Aer Club are doing re tier status lads?

Iā€™d hate to drop down to Platinum on back of this.

Aer Club applying bonus tier credits :clap::clap:

1 Like

I got the mail earlier. A fine gesture

1 Like

I may never fly again for business but the gesture is appreciated.

I got a scam email straight after it offering a free flight voucher :thinking:

Thereā€™s been a lot of those Aer Lingus ones going around the last week.

The forgotten land
The colours in the sky

How are the regular travellers coping with the fallout from C19?

More family time and less time trudging through airports but Iā€™d imagine there was a certain liberty to it thats badly missed at times.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really miss it. Iā€™ll get back to it when I have to next year I suspect.

The boy in me would on occasion enjoy having dinner on the West Coast of America after having breakfast in Dublin and how far we had come (physically and metaphorically) but as the kids get older youā€™d miss being away that long.

The overnights to London travelling mid afternoon and a couple of drinks in the airport en route or tagging an extra night on a European trip were the sweet spot.

Itā€™s a young manā€™s game now.

4 Likes

Jesus thereā€™s cobwebs everywhere in here!

Mostly I donā€™t mind it all. Was abroad 5 times in Jan & Feb, all midweek shit - it fucks with any hope of a routine. Was gradually getting better at getting exercise in but ating well between airports and hotels is a struggle. I donā€™t miss getting into DUB at 11pm of a Thursday either.

That all said, Iā€™d love an auld jaunt now. Just for any excuse to get out the country really. A project kick-off, before the battle lines are drawn and with the drink flowing, twould be ideal.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be taking my first commute since the last week of Feb in a few weeks. Iā€™ve missed it. I find WFH 5 days a week very monotonous.
Hope they lift the 14 day quarantine before too long or my career might be in trouble.

2 Likes