TFK International Business Travel Thread

Cork airport is worse. I got charged 17 euro for a breakfast once and you could play ice hockey with the hash browns, at 5am.

I do a lot of flights to the UK to Manchester and the likes so small planes a lot of the time. Cunts make you check in terminal two and then walk back to terminal one.

I had the wheelie suitcase thing. Youd see lads with the gaa gear bags and laugh alright. A bit of a pick me up

Imagine being in one of these airport places 4 days a week. CC @Batigol

1 Like

The small airports are the grand solid finest. Southampton is like a cow shed and I never had a delay there. In/out. Grand little place for food. No crowds. You could throw your leg up on a seat and have a kip

Southend is a dream of an airport. So is leeds

Stansted then is hell on Earth. I had to find my way up to Liverpool Street in rush hour. Get on the Stansted Express, standing and the cunting thing wedged. Stand in security for an hour and then have nowhere to sit. Fuck me it was torture every Thursday.

I started paying for Express on Ryanair and even then all youd save was 30 minutes in security

Gatwick is alright. But it’s near nothing.

The times suited me in Stansted.

I fucking loved london though. I stayed South of the river as much as I could. Down around Borough Market and Southwark. What a spot.

1 Like

Great town. So many different places. Better for a visit than to live I’d imagine. Know a good few lads living over there. Grand while you are young but then you’ve to move out of town to live and it’s a nightmare. All the shit parts of London and none of the benefits

1 Like

The best business trip I was ever on was to Bangalore. I was only in my middle twenties, working for a MNC. They sent myself and a roaster from north cork out to train the boys to take our jobs. This was back in the good times, so first class all the way. We had a small flight to london and a long stop over, we were young and all expense paid. We fucking launched into the pints. Langersed getting on the first class British Airways to Bangalore. Breakfast menu. Have you Heinekein we says. They had mini cans. We were somewhere over Turkey and I asked for another. Sir we have no more Heineken. Bring me champagne I says. I think you need to sleep sir. He brings me a blanket and the patches for your eyes.

I woke up and the plane was circling Bangalore with the mother and father of all hangovers. There was some assault on my senses when we got into the baggage arrival

6 Likes

I always have the green and white bandana tied to my wheelie bag.

Or else it doesn’t run and they put you in a bus.

Stansted - dear lord

3 Likes

possibly the worst airport in the world

All the lads who couldn’t wait to log in and tell us they were on the way to “LCY” or “BRU” now “don’t miss it at all”

12 Likes

That’s what happened alright you auld crank

Not forgetting them that talked about business travel and yet piped in to call Dick Clerkin a “company man “ for sitting on a GAA committee

1 Like

Fagan has 140 posts in this thread and not one of them are logging a business trip. They are all moans. It seems to upset him greatly

1 Like

Is he picking up likes for the moans? He’s crafty that way

1 Like