TFK International Business Travel Thread

ā‚¬90 return first class Cork/Dublin
:person_shrugging:

1 Like

Try trainsplit.com or one of those sites if you have not already booked. Often saves a lot.

Cheers my oul epal. Would have been a lot cheaper but already bought. Ill get it rebursed but Iā€™m nearly embarrassed asking for it.

1 Like

How can people travel and live with those prices?

Is that first class?

Yes but Ā£400 standard, and you often donā€™t get a seat.

Thatā€™s mental.

I donā€™t know. I was out running with Ben from next door this morning who said heā€™d just tried to recruit someone from the Manchester office to the London team. He offered him a 22k pay rise. He said he could stay working remotely in Manchester and just go to London when needed Your man declined as it wasnā€™t worth it. Said if he had to go once a week and stay over an odd night itā€™d cost him more. I think a season ticket is about 20grand (my pal was paying 16 before lockdown)
Apparently if you are officially part of a London team, you canā€™t claim tax relief on travel to London as the tax people say youā€™ve chosen not to live there.

It is obscene. Ā£184 standard class one way. Standing room only yesterday.
I paid Ā£245 one way in the morning, and just about made the last train before 3 (peak starts at 3pm) and ā€œonlyā€ paid 95 (standard) back. I get it paid back but Iā€™m honestly embarrassed handing it in.

Thereā€™d be no temptation to drive?

Roaming in non-EU countries. I donā€™t mind with the work phone but I have a cheap Virgin Mobile contract on my own phone and the last time I went to Switzerland I got rode. Is it just a matter of switching off my roaming when over there? I went onto the Virgin site and you can cap it up to ā‚¬50 where they cap it and you canā€™t roam after that. Apart from my thumb up my hole, what options have I?

A toblerone up your hole. Go for the smaller sizes first then work your way up.

3 Likes

Expense it to your company - shouldnā€™t be an issue

1 Like

Thereā€™s an option I didnā€™t think of, good call.

1 Like

I paid 65 last week Manchester Piccadilly to London Euston. Paid on the day at the station.

No, not really. Could handy take 5 hours, then parking etc.

Off peak.
Peak is getting on a train anytime between 0530 and 1030am, and then 1500-1900.
Apparently Friday is off peak all day.

it was cheaper for me to get an uber from Sheffield to Manchester than the trans-pennines the last time I was over. Thatā€™s just not right

2 Likes

Red-eye flight this morning on mainland USA. Great to see the yanks have dispensed with the fallacy of taking off shoes, putting laptops in trays, etc. K9s are changing the face of travel for the better. 20+ mins at security was reduced to 5 mins.

2 Likes

The yanks are really embracing the role of K9s in international travel. Comfort rooms for dogs throughout American airports. :clap: