TFK International Business Travel Thread

lads, which is quicker to claiom for delayed luggage: insurance or aer lingus?

or do you just claim from both and see which one pays out first?

Cc @Malarkey

2 Likes

A man well in his forties was flying out of Dublin today using a trunki - he had no children accompanying him.

Christ I hate using Ryanair for bidness travel

2 Likes

Do you wear leisure clothing when travelling on business, regardless of whether meetings are scheduled that day?

J Crew stretch tech chinos are a game changer

Iā€™d often head straight from a reformer Pilates to a meeting in them with savage mental clarity and at the same time dressed appropriately

1 Like

Would you ever wear a suit and an open neck shirt to an international business meeting?

All depends on the client in which you are engaging with

Iā€™ve always struck me as a look that screams after Sunday Mass Kilburn 1983.

1 Like

Regulator - suit and tie

Client - chinos, shirt, spots jacket

Whilst travelling - never leisure wear because itā€™s for bums

No.

In America youā€™d look like a federal agent and spook the reception staff.

Itā€™s all chinos or dark jeans, shirt or half zip or crew neck jumper and maybe a sports jacket/blazer if erring on side of formality.

Suits are more or less gone now other than youā€™d sometimes see lads wear one to dress up for certain luncheon or dinner events.

1 Like

Standard dress for me these days
Travel in a tracksuit

2 Likes

Changing times it would seem. But again, thatā€™s the way it is everywhere these days.
Itā€™ll be cunts cycling to meetings next with their notes in the front basket. Fuck meā€¦ā€¦

3 Likes

Would ya ever change into pajamas on a plane.

1 Like

Iā€™ve a picture in front of the White House with me bag of notes in the basket of a city bike from a few years back :grinning:

1 Like

Remote interviewed a fella last week for a scrum master (project manager) positionā€¦ You should have seen the get up of this fella, worn ould T shirt, half shaven and couldnā€™t hear him either (no decent headset).

Standards have slipped savagely on the tech side. Spotted a fella in the office last week with a burst pair of ould white runners on him. Cunt probably earning 80k like.

3 Likes

Thereā€™s a serious shift in the mood in the country of late Iā€™ve noticed. People are much more abrasive towards staff merely working in retail outlets, abusing girls or boys about the standard of pears or carrots and then loudly condemning their (staff member) nation of birth.
A gentle inquiry for assistance online is met with a scornful assault or spurious efforts of assistance while tagging their little coterie of like-minded witless cunts that would cause you to despair for your grandchildren.

1 Like

A growing intolerance and sense of entitlement, coupled with a lack of empathy. Itā€™s bubbling away there alright.

2 Likes

I interviewed an Indian gentleman based in Ireland for a management role a month or so back. It appeared that he wasnā€™t expecting it to be a video call as when i appeared on the call with my camera on he hastily turned his on. He was sitting on his couch in a hoody with the tv on in the background as I could see it flicker off the pictures behind him.

While he has solid technical knowledge I had to waste 30 minutes going through the motions with him

4 Likes

People only care about themselves now. Itā€™s worse since the lockdowns.

1 Like

And itā€™s not the younger generations either. Middle-aged people are the worst offenders