TFK International Business Travel Thread

For me , it depends; if it’s cork or Brussels I’d very much take your viewpoint but I’m lucky enough to get to visit a lot of places including some off the beaten track.

Starting last week, I’ll probably have 6 or 7 trips before Christmas mostly Brussels but also getting Albania, Montenegro and Brazil

It’s getting in the way of his marathon training sure ffs…

1 Like

Oooft! I only have one scheduled for international travel, with one intranational to Dublin too before Christmas.

We go again. We should have coordinated things a bit better @Locke

4 Likes

bring us back some chocolate, and rosti

I have a lovely intranational one shortly, a bastard of a first day, but I’ve a conference the following day which means once the hard yards are done I’ll be able to a visit a few Cathedrals and pay homage to St Arthur.

6 Likes

We had an earthquake here in New Delhi today. Around 5.5 on the scale. I was in a meeting room and this tremor started, the building was shaking ( ten floors up). After nearly a minute the chap I was meeting said „hmm this seems to be a big one, we should hide under the table”.

10 Likes

Did you feel propositioned?

1 Like

A bit old for that now

Be nice to know if you still had it.

I’m sure you had 100% trust in your Indian colleague and knew he had it covered.

2 Likes

I’m sure he lay on top of him like a good host.
Question is whether they continued to count the beans.

1 Like

Go up to Uetliberg if you get the chance. Get the S10 from the HB. Bring the running gear and trot back down :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Ah come on mate. Do a bit of research then arrange fact finding/presenting trips for yourself to all the irish visa offices. Beijing/ new delhi/abujah/ankara/london/dubai/london would be a savage trip.

I did it for about six years. All it did was create a row between myself and the misses every time it came to a couple of weeks summer holidays. The last thing I wanted to see was an airport or a plane.

1 Like

I always found family holidays completely different. Much nicer and more relaxing once the place you’re going is nice.

1 Like

Ah I can see that side of it too. I nearly always gave in to her tbh. Happened a few times where you’d het back from a weeknor two away on the Friday and found yourself heading for the airport again on the Sunday evening. Im just saying its not as glamorous as it seems

1 Like

International business travel is grand when you’re younger and there’s a novelty to it. As you get older going to interesting places can bring back some novelty but generally speaking flying has become a pain with the constant risk of delays, cancelled flights, fewer flights and more inconvenience in terms of times etc.

I don’t mind a day trip or an overnight trip to Europe or London/UK but I don’t enjoy the week long trips to US anymore.

3 Likes

Fixed

Signing in - the slow ride to breakfast

7 Likes