TFK International Business Travel Thread

Mission accomplished Sir

2 Likes

Signing out

Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comfort of home and friends.
You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things: air, sleep, dreams, sea, the sky - all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it.

Cesare Pavese

2 Likes

Signing in from London. Successful travel and Transit with Aer Lingus

cc @Bandage

5 Likes

A trip to the mainland is hardly international travel mate

1 Like

I’m beginning to think my planned excursion to Pakistan early next year may be in jeopardy.

We’ll be expecting @Bandage esque updates on your travails through the Capital of the Western World.

Not from Belfast it wouldn’t be alright.

Shur by that measure your trips to east Belfast are international travel

That’s an ecumenical matter.

1 Like

Did you have to show your passport?

It’s all been straightforward, I’m here since yesterday and flying home this evening. No delayed flights but was made flying out of the shed / South terminal in Dublin which is a ballache

1 Like

i fucking hate flying out of there

Is that the one they bus you to?

yep

I’m back trying to avoid international & intranational travel & indeed travel to the office.

A customer contacted me last week asking me if I was available to meet them on Monday, 11 December at 8.30am in CAMBRIDGE, ENGLAND. My goodness.

3 Likes

I thought the prospect of a Sunday night away and a peaceful night’s sleep would be attractive

You’d easy make that from Stansted.

He’ll need to leave on a Saturday evening for this one judging by last time though.

5 Likes

A 6am flight to Stansted is the stuff that makes a Business Traveller shudder with fear

3 Likes

It would not.

If I had to go, I’d prefer to go on the Sunday rather than ridiculously early on Monday.

If I had to go on the Sunday, I’d prefer to travel to Cambridge that evening/night rather than get a train from London to Cambridge on the Monday morning.

But why would I want to be heading off on work travel on a Sunday afternoon in December? Eeeeuuuugggghhhh.

1 Like