TFK International Business Travel Thread

By travelling Sunday evening you get a day in lieu. You could say use it on a Friday to start the weekend early and get a nice long run inā€¦

4 Likes

Travelling on a Sunday afternoon - glass or two of wine with the papers. Have a bath in hotel. Nice dinner for one. Pint or two of ale in a local hostelry. Hotel breakfast. Itā€™s what international travel is made for.

7 Likes

That would require getting up a bit earlier

Stansted is only up the road from Cambridge, by rail. No need to go anywhere near London. Lovely town is Cambridge. I could give you lots of recommendations.

1 Like

Lovely. Leave it with me, thereā€™s a good chance Iā€™ll fold & end up going.

1 Like

Thatā€™s the spirit.
Iā€™d be with your original instinct of fcuk that though, personally.

Push for a bit of premium economy/lounge access on the flight - used to be a bit extra to ease the pain of flying sunday back in the day

The staff in the lounge at Shannon are the nicest youā€™d ever meet anywhere. Same for the Europcar desk, and the airport in general.

Even coincide it with a match or event of some sort taking place in the location youā€™re heading to

1 Like

Be careful lads

Iā€™ve returned to the North Wexford Riviera. Carnage coming out of LHR this evening with the ā€˜inclement weatherā€™ causing delays all day. I was due to be on the 7.35 flight but then got moved to the 6.10 flight which eventually took off at 8.45. My original flight had only taken off after I landed back in DUB.

London is a pure ballache of a place to have to travel to. So much travel either side of a short flight and time wasted on trains from airports to the city regardless of where you fly to and pointless long meandering walks from airports to train terminals. Give me Zurich any day of the week

5 Likes

I canā€™t help but feel the international business travel Gods witnessed you copying me on your earlier post & found the tone a little boastful, if not distasteful.

5 Likes

You could well be right. The Business Travel gods donā€™t reward smugness

1 Like

Always warned lads that the expenses were always where theyā€™d get you if they wanted to get you.

4 Likes

Once one of your scheduled travel plans go down over there youā€™re goosed - took me 3 hours to get from Luton to Barbican two weeks ago.

I had a bunch of calls I needed to join to went early to Heathrow to avoid any last minute rushing or getting delayed and missing flights. Arrived at 4pm for a 7.30pm flight. Decided to work from Aer Lingus lounge. On arriving the lady asked me if I wanted to jump on the early flight at 5pm. How different things could have worked out if I dumped the calls and took the early flight. Never say no to the early flight!

Imagine the fist pumps from the other lads on the calls if they heard you werenā€™t joining!

11 Likes

:joy:

Relaxing Season 5 GIF by Friends

2 Likes

Where else would you rather be at this time on a bank holiday Monday

4 Likes