TFK International Business Travel Thread

Hold on, is someone suggesting a business person land in Stanstead and fly Ryanair? When a mere 2 days ago the same poster was applauding a poster for flying into LCY? This poster has no credibility and should be barred from this thread.

I type this post from a hotel room in London having conducted my business late into the evening. However, no evening is too late to check in on TFK matters while abroad. Fran & Phil know this only too well. Just a pity that the last time Fagan traveled to London on business the only option was the ferry as other options were too impractical.

I need to quote this statement so us jetsetters can ridicule it on a regular basis

Mac joins the novice/innocent crew.

Any experienced businessmen (like Phil, Mac and myself) travelling to London will be aware of the London City Airport fog issues and will therefore have their secretary monitoring weather forecast reports and under instructions to hold off until as late as possible before booking flights. Fagan, meanwhile, will have secured his spot on the Ryanair flight to Stansted weeks in advance. Thatā€™s novice stuff from Fagan ODowd.

Fagans payin for his own bando

Yes there most certainly would be a vfm element to my choosing Ryanair/Stansted for all my City business needs. Clearly Bandage operates in a more cosseted and less cost conscious industry, particularly when you consider the cost of employing the poor girl to watch the skies over London 24/7.

This should be renamed the provincial travel thread.

Lads setting up threads about day return trips to London and people call me the cunt. o_O

Iā€™ve made it abundantly clear on numerous occasions that Iā€™m a corporate high flyer (excuse the pun). I hadnā€™t realised Fagan ODowd was a small fry, one man band type operation without access to support staff. Sure no wonder heā€™s paying ā‚¬8 for tea and a bun on a Ryanair flight to Stansted when my coffee, water, fruit and muffin is incorporated into my more expensive CityJet flight price.

Add in the expense of getting to and from Stansted and the man is well out of pocket. I donā€™t think he has thought this true at all.

Pal, I donā€™t want to fall out with you but this thread is for ALL instances of international business travel. Yes, it could be anything from a day-trip to London to a week in New York.

My own trip today is an overnight event - Iā€™m very excited about the client dinner this evening actually.

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 750414, member: 9ā€]Pal, I donā€™t want to fall out with you but this thread is for ALL instances of international business travel. Yes, it could be anything from a day-trip to London to a week in New York.

My own trip today is an overnight event - Iā€™m very excited about the client dinner this evening actually.[/quote]

Details please Bandage. Hotel, Restaurant etc.

I was in Zurich once. I felt durty.

Been messed around a bit with corporate trips the last couple of years. Was meant to go to China a couple of times last year but it fell through each time.

I am meant to be going to America in the next month or so. Initially I was told early April but that does not look likely now.
May/June looks more likely now. This one looks like it should happen. I really want to get over there mainly because I need to buy a whole new wardrobe of clothes given my remarkable fitness achievements in the last few months.

So far my work trips have been to London, Ballina and America. Ballina being the highlight of course.

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 750414, member: 9ā€]Pal, I donā€™t want to fall out with you but this thread is for ALL instances of international business travel. Yes, it could be anything from a day-trip to London to a week in New York.

My own trip today is an overnight event - Iā€™m very excited about the client dinner this evening actually.[/quote]
Fair enough I will allow it so. I am due to fly to Warsaw in 4 weeks for business so I will update the thread and probably consult balbec nearer the date for some tips and advice.

Fagan ODowd - Iā€™d rather not get into specifics online, thank you very much. But Iā€™ll be staying in an appropriately upmarket hotel in the Tower Hill region.

cluaindiuic - do you work for Coca-Cola, bro?

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 750419, member: 9ā€]Fagan ODowd - Iā€™d rather not get into specifics online, thank you very much. But Iā€™ll be staying in an appropriately upmarket hotel in the Tower Hill region.

cluaindiuic - do you work for Coca-Cola, bro?[/quote]

Nope.

Can we log outstanding highlights from previous business trips or is this thread purely for current trip discussions?

[SIZE=2]thinly veiledā€¦ I used to travel loads but not so much these dayā€¦[/SIZE]

[quote=ā€œBandage, post: 750419, member: 9ā€]Fagan ODowd - Iā€™d rather not get into specifics online, thank you very much. But Iā€™ll be staying in an appropriately upmarket hotel in the Tower Hill region.

cluaindiuic - do you work for Coca-Cola, bro?[/quote]

Itā€™s a shame that the budget couldnā€™t have stretched to a hotel room in the City, Bandage, but sure there you are. Bear in mind that you are in Tower Hamlets out there pal, and watch your back and your front, at all times. Go easy on the gargle tonight and keep your wits about you coming back to the hotel. The East End can be a nasty place.

Stay safe pal.

In the past two years or so I have visited the following places on Business trips, workshops and Knowledge Tranfer sessions. Brussels x5, Haasalt - Belgium, Breda, Budapest, Metz, Bologna, Johannesburg x3, including a 8 week spell, Campinas - Brazil. I would also have made half a dozen or trips to London but as I am based in the UK it wouldnā€™t be International travel but enjoyed them immensly.

I found Virgin Atlantic very disappointing and expected far far more. Surprisingly enough South African Airways had a far nicer Business Class set up despite being half the price. Iberiaā€™s long haul is also terrible, plane must have been 20 years old and I will not be using them again. I will report on British Airways long haul once I return to the UK on Saturday.