TFK International Business Travel Thread

Itā€™s the aldi equivalent Iā€™d imagine Rodney

Thatā€™s a lovely patterned Pringle sweater you have on there pal.

Thanks. I try.

Signing in

5 Likes

1 Like

10 Likes

Game-changer

2 Likes

Big Brother is watching

Take the sausages out of the suitcase and youā€™ll be grand.

Iā€™m flying to knock on worm business.

PS just seen Peter Schmeichel in the lounge trying to look inconspicuous but heā€™s a big man. Canā€™t be bothered to find the thread but im sure itā€™s a spot.

1 Like

Well, Iā€™ve been on more flights than I could remember, been in a plane hit by lightning, been on planes that got diverted after an aborted landing, and one that dumped fuel before landing in Dublin, but yesterday was the hairiest ever landing in knock. On one of the propellor planes, it was turbulent all the way across, enough that I was feeling queasy anyway. Down came the wheels and the closer we got to the runway the more the plane was bouncing around, by the time we hit the ground we were being buffeted up and down, the plane was tilted sideways and skewed, with one wing considerably nearer the ground than the other. It hit the ground hard, bounced once, then back up we went again. The lady across from me started crying and the one next to her took out rosary beads. There were two behind trying to reassure a child, who was unconcerned as children are, but there was a creeping hysteria as really they were trying to reassure themselves and each other. Around we flew in the clouds fir about twenty mins or half an hour, getting pitched up and down and left and right, and Iā€™d resigned myself to Dublin, but we go again. Same thing, but the pilot, God bless his hands, somehow managed to get it landed. People were too relieved to cheer, or give the round of full roaster applause the landing deserved, but it must have taken some skill to land it. As I went through passport control I dropped my passport. The gard laughed and said ā€œthereā€™s some right shaky hands getting off that planeā€
Two odd things were that I was relatively resigned and reflected as we descended the second time that Iā€™d had a lucky enough and good enough life all told, and I wasnā€™t especially upset. The other was that I was sitting beside a pretty, youngish lass who had her head in her hands, so I started talking the usual rameis to try and distract and reassure a bit. It transpires that she had been playing in the last ladies football match that I refereed, so we could talk about football and the like and I didnā€™t feel like a sleazy old lech.

6 Likes

Airport here now. Airport Monday and airport Tuesday evening. Itā€™s a very lonely life. Tinder fired up.

2 Likes

Are you paying for Tinder Gold :eyes:

You finally got a job with DAA?

Whatā€™s daa

No but itā€™s probably worth it as I could land myself into Manhattan or London in advance. So you could do small talk for one or two days before you actually arrive.

Dublin airport authority

What the fuck would I be doing working for them?

Heard an American lad beside me on the phone say ā€œWe need to meet up for some debaucheryā€. The girl behind the bar canā€™t be much more than 18 but sheā€™d absolutely get it. Love set of tits. Iā€™m making the strategic call to start drinking whiskey.

1 Like