TFK Intranational Business Travel Thread

Where are you off to mate?

Would have gone to the 51 today if I’d known you wouldn’t be available today.

[QUOTE=“briantinnion, post: 1007939, member: 6”]Where are you off to mate?

Would have gone to the 51 today if I’d known you wouldn’t be available today.[/QUOTE]

Popping across to London to catch up with @Bainne[/USER] and [USER=19]@superleeds, pal.

Boarded the 6:40 red eye without a glitch. Breezed through security at 6:38 and was seated just in time for take off.
The only unpleasentness thus far is finding that my reserved seat is beside a group of faux-american-goth youngsters who I assume are on the way to electric picnic. One of the fat cunts just ordered, and is devouring, a can of coke and bag of taytos from the service trolley.

[QUOTE=“TreatyStones, post: 1008130, member: 1786”]Boarded the 6:40 red eye without a glitch. Breezed through security at 6:38 and was seated just in time for take off.
The only unpleasentness thus far is finding that my reserved seat is beside a group of faux-american-goth youngsters who I assume are on the way to electric picnic. One of the fat cunts just ordered, and is devouring, a can of coke and bag of taytos from the service trolley.[/QUOTE]

How are your WIFI experiences mate?

Very good initially, but as the train has gotten busier the speed has dropped significantly. My data meter advises me I have used 134MB of data.

From my experience the trains wifi connection works only in areas where the 3G connection is good. So its of fuck all use really.

Fuck off @TreatyStones.

On the 6.15am Red Eye (not sure if its a Red Eye - what’s a Red Eye?) Newcastle - Brisbane in the morning. I’m staying overnight in Brisbane for an important meeting Thursday morning if any forumites are available for a pint.
Melbourne next week.

[QUOTE=“Fitzy, post: 1025042, member: 236”]On the 6.15am Red Eye (not sure if its a Red Eye - what’s a Red Eye?) Newcastle - Brisbane in the morning. I’m staying overnight in Brisbane for an important meeting Thursday morning if any forumites are available for a pint.
Melbourne next week.[/QUOTE]

In the context of TFK a red eye is any flight you ever make.

Not just flights. You can also get red eye trains, but only if you’re travelling first class. The term doesn’t apply to buses.

Could you get a red eye dart or luas?

Certainly not.

[QUOTE=“Fitzy, post: 1025042, member: 236”]On the 6.15am Red Eye (not sure if its a Red Eye - what’s a Red Eye?) Newcastle - Brisbane in the morning. I’m staying overnight in Brisbane for an important meeting Thursday morning if any forumites are available for a pint.
Melbourne next week.[/QUOTE]

Will you have to wear shoes tomorrow?

Only noticing this thread now.

I can see myself contributing quite a bit to it in future.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1025062, member: 24”]Only noticing this thread now.

I can see myself contributing quite a bit to it in future.[/QUOTE]

Love a bit of #Vaguebooking

The irony being that most peasants travelling on buses have red eyes from either crying themselves to sleep or they’re out of their mind on heroin.

I’m off to Cork next week with work and I am staying in the River Lee Hotel upon many recommendations.

I was there about a month ago and stayed in the Kingsley Hotel which I was quite satisfied with despite there not being much around the area, and facing a trek of about half an hour into town.

What’s the story with those massive buildings on the north side of the Lee across from the Kingsley? They look like some sort of asylums - scary looking yokes.

Eh, yes, how do you conduct meetings in Poland, in the buff?

On the plane now chaps, left my sunnies in the car, disaster.

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1025114, member: 24”]
What’s the story with those massive buildings on the north side of the Lee across from the Kingsley? They look like some sort of asylums - scary looking yokes.[/QUOTE]

I think it’s an old convent.