TFK Intranational Business Travel Thread

Just about to board the red eye syd - Mel

Safe flight, mate.

Do you get wifi on such intranational flights down under?

[QUOTE=“Colin Montgomerie, post: 1028037, member: 9”]Safe flight, mate.

Do you get wifi on such intranational flights down under?[/QUOTE]
Yes, but all electronic devices are supposed to be in flight mode.
Salutary note for all intra and inter national business travellers - stupid prick beside me on the way to Melbourne tipped a cup of tea all over my trousers as the hostess passed it to him. I had to go into a client meeting straight off the plane, she was very understanding. BUt then had to get the very helpful staff of the Rendevous Hotel in Melbourne to arrange for the trousers to be dry cleaned for early the next morning, as I was attending a two day conference.
It is of course a two trouser suit, but I had left the second trousers at home by mistake. When travelling for business, where one suit will suffice, ensure you have the second trousers with you for such emergency situations.
Had a very (attractive) busy girl beside me on the flight back last night, she was editing player contracts for Melbourne City Football Club, I couldn’t get great detail as I glanced over at her work, but presumably she would have worked on Damien Duff and David Villa’s contractual arrangements at the club.

So you turned up at an important meeting with roaster chic piss stained pants and got on the internet asap to cover your tracks with lads you dont know.

Was it a beige pants @Fitzy ?

[QUOTE=“farmerinthecity, post: 1025114, member: 24”]I’m off to Cork next week with work and I am staying in the River Lee Hotel upon many recommendations.

I was there about a month ago and stayed in the Kingsley Hotel which I was quite satisfied with despite there not being much around the area, and facing a trek of about half an hour into town.

What’s the story with those massive buildings on the north side of the Lee across from the Kingsley? They look like some sort of asylums - scary looking yokes.[/QUOTE]

The red brick one was an asylum.

So young and yet so embittered, I worry about you Juhy.
(Hope all is well with the new arrival mate)

Last week you were asking if I wore shoes to a meeting, this week it’s beige pants. You have very strange meeting protocols in Poland.

I am genuinely interested in business attire in the colonies. I hope you told off that bludger who split the coffee on you good and proper.

[QUOTE=“Fitzy, post: 1029207, member: 236”]So young and yet so embittered, I worry about you Juhy.
(Hope all is well with the new arrival mate)[/QUOTE]

Ta fitzy. I just had a very funny image of you arriving at a swish business meeting with what looked like piss stains and couldnt help embellishing it. Apologies.

[QUOTE=“Fitzy, post: 1029207, member: 236”]So young and yet so embittered, I worry about you Juhy.
(Hope all is well with the new arrival mate)[/QUOTE]

He’s not young.

Not much of a gap between myself and yourself, monty.

Of course there is. It’s a Forde and Given type age difference. Vast.

3 or 4 years?

I suppose the fjord looks bigger before you cross it.

Nice hotels in Tralee?

We stayed in the Carlton which I think is a different name now for a wedding a few years back. Standard 4 Star Celtic Tiger Hotel on outskirts of the town with a new shopping centre built beside it. Hotel was nice though.

what the fcuk is bringing you to that shithole??..after a summer in clonmel , you really are a glutton for punishment…

The Ballygarry hotel is the nicest hotel in Tralee. It is a couple of miles outside however so not sure if suitable.
The hotel mac is on about is now called Manor West. As described above. Itself and Fels Point are the second best. Both are similarly on the outskirts of town. Not walking distance to anywhere for food or pints.
In a central location “The Grand” is just that. Its a really old hotel but I believe they’ve done it up a bit recently. They do decent lunch in there and there’s usually a few knocking around the bar in the evening.
The meadowlands is central but fairly meh. The Brandon is also central, never stayed there but I’d say decentish.
Avoid the Tralee Central which has changed hands several times with the reviews never improving and Benners which is just a glorified B&B overhead a pub.

[QUOTE=“Julio Geordio, post: 1056171, member: 332”]The Ballygarry hotel is the nicest hotel in Tralee. It is a couple of miles outside however so not sure if suitable.
The hotel mac is on about is now called Manor West. As described above. Itself and Fels Point are the second best. Both are similarly on the outskirts of town. Not walking distance to anywhere for food or pints.
In a central location “The Grand” is just that. Its a really old hotel but I believe they’ve done it up a bit recently. They do decent lunch in there and there’s usually a few knocking around the bar in the evening.
The meadowlands is central but fairly meh. The Brandon is also central, never stayed there but I’d say decentish.
Avoid the Tralee Central which has changed hands several times with the reviews never improving and Benners which is just a glorified B&B overhead a pub.[/QUOTE]

If you want any info on pubs, restaurants etc let me know.

The Manor West is pretty much as Mac describes it, your standard, sterile Celtic Tiger hotel, but if you are just there for a few nights on business then it’s fine. Bar food is decent too.
The Fells point is similar.