Lockdown 2021 Run Challenge

No.

It makes complete senseā€¦ It gives lads a focus to get faster instead of just running below one target all the time.

We have @caulifloweredneanderthal to thank for that. Heā€™s put years on the lifespan of dozens on here.

1 Like

Big gains pal

1 Like

Iā€™m getting in a computer scientist to organise the next challenge.

1 Like

I might get a run in on Friday. Iā€™ve to drop the car into town, so I need to get home. Itā€™ll be more running on streets etc., but I might be better off. Canā€™t drop the pace if thereā€™s an audience watching :slight_smile:

Make sure to vote by tomorrow lads:

Or fucked up yer joints, knees, INTERNET reps, etc. instead :wink:

Iā€™m on my rest day today. If I donā€™t produce my best run of the month tomorrow or Friday then itā€™s all the wan, as TFK muldoons often say:

• Iā€™ve shaved my head and completed a beard trim (ā€œYou look good, you feel good, you play goodā€ - Wayne Routledge);

• Iā€™ve been using visualisation techniques (powering through that horrible 4th km before the last km adrenaline kicks in, eating after my run);

• Iā€™m drinking lots of water and making sure Iā€™m hydrated;

• Iā€™ve selected my music (nothing too fast or a playlist that jumps from artist to artist; instead Iā€™ll be listening to the soothing sounds of London Grammar to get into a nice rhythm);

• Iā€™m not on duty if the baby wakes up in the early hours tonight.

Itā€™s all down to me now.

21 Likes

Youā€™re a far cry from your photo in your Avatar these days. Itā€™s a credit to you

1 Like

18 Likes

What route will you do? Iā€™m planning on giving it a go Saturday morning in Marlay.

Heā€™s jettisoned the shirt and tie since wfh alright.

1 Like

I may be doing one in the castle this afternoon as well, hangover permitting. Should I start trying to trip up any lad who looks like heā€™s doing a tf5k?

1 Like

absolutely, i bring a tyre iron with me in case i bump into @Fran so i can leave him like nancy kerrigan

1 Like

Was actually planning to do the park run route there.

It would be easy enough trip me up. Doing my best not to do it myself.

1 Like

I will go again at weekend. Im looking for a quick and fair route.

1 Like

Iā€™m ready to go through a wall after reading that.

3 Likes

As Fenners said, a quick and fair route. Went down beside the Naval Base to the new park there.

Pros:

• great surface
  • 1km around exactly
  • markers every 200m

Cons:

• the wind
  • walkers
  • scooters

But it was a fair route and I did what for me was a good time. Take the R away from my name @caulifloweredneanderthal

21 Likes

Is there any route on the southside of the city you havenā€™t tried to get an edge?

I donā€™t believe so, no.