TFKFHLJPPT 2020 - Sweet 16 - Esteban v Eoghanruadha

The negatives of the half forwards are scoring ability from deep, mitigated by farragher dropping out and huge scoring ability from midfield and half back line.

His backs have a lot more minding to do than mine.

Two very decent and contrasting 2-9s here, Esteban’s midfield in particular is really eye-catching, I’m a big fan of Barron. Esteban’s forwards overall are probably marginally better, but Kelly’s Heroes have two absolute greats in there. Ultimately Kelly’s Heroes will win this on frees though.

And is Farragher just wandering around picking off scores while his man is just standing in full back? Galway tried that by playing him midfield and it worked when they were lording it all over the field but as soon as the going got tough he would be invisible. Kavanagh following him out the field would ate him.

And leave brennan and power inside on Curran and Connors. Thank you very much

My own thoughts on the two forward lines are that there are four fairly one dimensional hurlers in both. In Clancy and Niall Mc they were at least had a good and consistent trick as one trick ponies go and often went and got the better of many a good defender in championship hurling. The others listed had their moments but were all fairly flawed championship hurlers who would frustrate far more than they would stand out.

Eoghan gets the nod for me as he has two top quality forwards while Esteban has two quality forwards.

@eoghanruadha is going to absolutely dominate in his half back line and also win the midfield battle. @anon78624367 should really have brought Brennan or Power out to the half forward line, they just won’t get decent ball in there to do damage.

Hes gone for a superstar in the backs and I reckon his back 6 is a lot more unbalanced.

I reckon my backs and midfield supply better ball to my forwards to give the two an awful lot more ammunition

From a half back line containing browne, Curran and harte supplying lasers?

My midfield has enough craft and hurling, and mobility to supply ball. Barron’s running ability makes a huge difference both nullifying Jerry and creating gaps going forward.

Pender and Timmy mccarthy would be ate alive by that half back line.

:grin:

I fear the negatives of my side are being accentuated and JJ is glossing over huge negatives in @eoghanruadha lineup

I agree. Less intelligent posters like @Fran see JJ and DJ and get over excited. A team is as good as its weakest link, not its strongest

Luke O’Farrell

It’s not just JJ. He’s picked a very strong HB line with Corcoran and Maher also.

His FF line will be his undoing

@anon78624367 has spent badly with Mark O’ Leary and David Breen in the half forward line

1 Like

Limiting the 6 forwards to 30 was a good innovation by Big Mick.

Do you go for a solid unit of 6s and 4s with no marquee type or do you go for one or two superstars and then 2s and 4s as fillers?

This is a very tight affair in my mind.

As opposed to timmy mac and pender in his?

I knew this would happen. Mark Oleary was very underrated

They cost 4 points less, so yes, better value considering Pender is a better option than both

Ah stop. Mark O’Leary got two goals in an all ireland final and is an all star.

He fell over to score one of them, mate.

Prendergast would eat him alive