TFK's Far Right - Watch thread (no spongers allowed)

Used to travel that stretch regularly and it used to move like a dream. You’d never be stopped for 20 minutes back along the sea front. Damn greens, making traffic bad in Fairview. Grrrrrrrrr

2 Likes

Risque cut there.

Nicely landscaped and safe; what’s not to like?

1 Like

The government doesnt provide public transport services - the countries gone to shit

Government invests large sums of money installing proper public transport and active travel infrastructure so i cant drive my car anymore - countries gone to shit

Cant keep people happy. On public transport, active travel and environmental matters the green party have actually knock it out of the park while in government this dail term

2 Likes

The Johnny Arse/David Quinn narrative:

It’s OK for Israel for to go into hospitals and murder people

It’s OK for white farmers to do this

“Criminality by people I like is justified in the name of burning society down so fascists can take over”

https://twitter.com/bencoates1/status/1753377500502077876

How do you know when a fascist is lying? When they open their mouth. Or type anything.

https://twitter.com/Care2much18/status/1753440750837063978

https://twitter.com/john_mcguirk/status/1753374293612777483?t=szBC1WZ7wSzA6CSYoSYW-g&s=19

I think johnny bum has a point here. It’s kind of a red herring talking about Filipino nurses or Nigerian taxi drivers etc. all those type of people have been here years and nobody except the small minority of full on racists seem to have a problem. The new negativity seems to be around ‘asylum seekers’ or ‘refugees’ and the feeling they are ‘scamming the system’ or welfare cheats in some way.
The main problem is either far right misinformation and establishment non information. Nobody in Ireland says ‘they are taking our jobs’ because we have full employment and everyone wants people here to work. Conflating the two issues is a bit sneaky. Deal with the pinch point and give people the facts about that without muddying the waters talking about Sebastian the polish lad who’s loved next door for 20 years.

Has there been a massive increase in asylum seekers?

Do we take many relative to other countri3s?

Are.asylum seekers coming here to work or to live off the state, are they allowed work while their application is being processed?

1 Like

People don’t know the answer to those questions that’s my point. Stick to explaining that process to people and why hotels are being used and what are the plans for future. Tell a few stories about the people who are coming here etc. Start a bit of a PR campaign around it. Telling us how much of a contribution a Swedish fella working in intel is making in terms of tax is treating people like eejits.

2 Likes

yep, i wouldnt know the answer either but i would assume we take way way less but you are right, its where Johnny Arse thrives

he was on virgin media a while back with Neale Redmond and was saying that Redmond had voted against an asylum centre in his area, Redmond called him up on it saying that it was incorrect & that he had voted against a county development plan - so i think he is pretty good at twisting the facts

My view is different. The people I hear complain about refugees also complain about the staffing of our hospitals.

I challenge them with first hand experience of hospital care in the past 12 months. Behind the facade, such people are racist and no two ways about it.

12 Likes

Yeah they’re really taking advantage of our generosity, living on the streets or shoved into tents.

I can field this since @Arthur thinks they’re mysteries never answered

Yes
Yes
Who cares if there’s 1. too many who shouldn’t be given asylum and 2. if asylum is refused not being deported

Hth

1 Like

In what context do they complain about the staffing in our hospitals?

i) That there are too few staff?

ii) That the staff that are there are incompetent or rude?

iii) Or that the staff are immigrants?

Given your second paragraph I presume it’s iii)?

I’ve been in hospitals several times since September 2022, both in the public and private system. The only complaints I’d have are short staffing in the private system after my operation and short staffing for psychiatric services at weekends.

Having been in Galway A&E many times over the last eight years or so both as a patient and non-patient my general impression is things are a good better there now than they were five or six years ago.

In fairness I’d say you’re just racist because you find woke people so annoying and they’re not racist

Here we go again

Leo Varadkar is responsible for this… During the recession he tried to paint people on welfare as the enemy in an attempt to show strong ‘leadership’ … Not only was he trying to appeal to the FG core voter but he was trying to split the working class vote. FG have been doing the same with the immigration/ refugee situation. FG are the true enemy of Ireland.

3 Likes

https://twitter.com/oconnellhugh/status/1753834860278387152?t=j0fWmDQA5_hx47KADpVQzA&s=19

“anti immigrant”

Australia America & the US should send all the Irish home if thats how we view people from overseas

2 Likes

I guess there may be a correlation with the people no longer considering the sinners.