What would the risk v reward be in your view, pal?
Genuine question.
What would the risk v reward be in your view, pal?
Genuine question.
I’ve fuck all to back it up bar personal experience and thought. But to tackle some of the generational issues, we need to invest more resources specifically with young lads from age of 7-16.
There’s a big push towards encouraging women, confidence in girls. No qualms with it, great endeavour. But lads of the age I mentioned grow to men and are the much more likely to be involved in crime, domestic violence, substance abuse- issues that impact society at large.
That’s not exact maths in terms of ages and I’m not saying give up on those outside the bracket. But so much misguided anger, thuggery, hopelessness and violence could be addressed at the root before letting it grow.
The people of the east wall I’m sure are saying things are tough enough as it is: we don’t need more uncertainty in the shape of migrants adding to that. Fair logic I can understand.
But so much of the trouble already there is from our own stock and it’s ‘scrotes’, ‘gurriers’, ‘scumbags’ causing it. Young fellas labeled and on a slip stream from birth, angry with the world, no outlet withnot enough strong male influences encouraging or clipping when the situation merits.
I don’t blame those in the east wall wanting to pull the ladder up on migrants. Who wants more competition when time is already tough? But put purpose pride and manners into young lads down there and alot of the real current issues will be addressed and migration can be framed properly.
Solely for trade reasons we have to stay. Infuriating, but unfortunately we are too small a fish to compete otherwise.
What unnerves me is the lack of knowledge/accountability there is with the EU. For example the corruption scandal regarding the World Cup in Qatar got no coverage here whatsoever as it is a mortal sin to think negatively of our European overlords.
Excellent post. I totally agree.
In fairness to the people of east wall, they’re not alone in falling into that trap. The government have been desperately poor in letting people know whats going on too.
That allows a few dangerous cunts then to get a crowd going.
Theyve every right to feel anger. But my fear is it’s being misplaced if they ever truly want to solve the issues that are at the root cause of creating that anger.
Its 100% misplaced.
Your point is a fair one too.
That’s not say it isn’t an issue. It is.
But it’s very misguided in my eyes which is tragic as it promotes hate in locals and fear in migrants. Both groups are already doing it tough enough without the need for more.
How many of these groups on social media are actually troll farms or bots designed just to create hate and chaos instead of rational public discussion and discourse?
No idea. And again I don’t fault people for adopting the policy of what we have, we hold. Fuck migrants. Can understand the thinking.
But looking over the fence and commenting when your own garden is in a jock and needs tending seems lost a bit in the discussion.
I’d imagine they’re growing in popularity too though due to the route the likes of RTE etc have gone down.
There is no debate there anymore just the one narrative shoved down peoples throats.
More popular? You’d imagine so. But enough to make any impact in the next election? I highly doubt it. The National Party got less than 500 votes in the last election in total.
99% of Irish voters vote for the local TD that did them a turn or did work on the local roundabout rather than taking into account any ideological view that they may or may not share with that politician. Its not something to worry about.
I more so meant growing in popularity to stir up trouble like we’ve seen lately in Drimnagh,Ballymun etc
They have no chance of ever being elected anywhere, thankfully. Don’t get me wrong.
Got ya. Fortunately I wouldn’t know the type of character who would be sad enough to thrive with that sort of trolling so I have no comment for once.
RTE covered this too
https://www.rte.ie/news/world/2022/1212/1341300-eu-sanction/
‘Year-long, pan-EU probe’ exposed corruption - Belgium (rte.ie)
Ooooft
ok, there is enough evidence to suggest @Hisenberg is incorrect
please retract your original point & apologize to us for misleading the forum
id say the majority of the 90% dont think the Government is doing enough by not taking over holiday homes etc & that we should be welcoming more