That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

We could mention her ex but fellas would go buck ape altogether

She was to be fair a brilliant court reporter but average enough at what she does now . Seemingly she is sound .

Sharon is a goddess

I always think of Sharon
Papped in her pyjamas and Uggs walking the dog

and she said that one photo was a worse invasion than the fella writing oddball letters to her for years ( brought to court for it)

Since that pap she looks amazing

You sound like the “papper”

I remember many years ago I was involved in a very minor incident which resulted in being landed with three charge sheets from An Garda Siochana.

I called a Solicitor I knew and she said it should be fine but would speak to a Barrister and get back to me. A few hours later I get a call while in work and asked could I come down to the four courts straight away. The Barrister had read the charge sheets and said depending on technicalities and the Judge on the day they could result in a custodial sentence! He wanted to meet me with my Solicitor and go through a few things.

My Solicitor told me to go the front door of the four courts and some bird from the office, that I knew???, would meet me. My young head was in a spin when I got to the four courts…custodial sentence…jaysus!

I was waiting at the front door, head wrecked, looking all around the front door waiting for this bird from her office who I supposedly knew???

I’m looking everywhere, sweating profusely when I notice a lady I know, ah that must be her. I walk over and go to shake her hand. I’m Ebeneezer Goode, I think I’m here to meet you?

It was at that moment I remembered where I knew this woman from…its the bird from the court report on the six one news. Mary just shook her head, said no, and ushered me away, I was fucking mortified…Id have let them lock me up and fuck away the key at that moment !

25 Likes

I can’t believe this got 2 likes

2 Likes

I’m surprised you’ve never heard of her. She’s been on Irish radio for years.

1 Like

:dart:

Wilson is related to family of mine (but not to me). I wouldn’t be a fan of her on radio at all, but I’m glad things worked out ok for her after putting down time with that prick

I had just never noticed her before a few covid related interviews recently. She is really really bad, so bad there is no way she should be doing that job.

Miriam O’Callaghan, Claire Byrne and the Sharon seem to have a weekly competition to see who can wear the worst outfit.

Do RTE also give the women a bursary for their outfits?

1 Like

Would you be big into middle-ages women’s fashion?

3 Likes

Yes. I’m Italian.

The Italian boys like looking at clothes their mamas wear…

2 Likes

Dont leave us hanging. What happened the charges?

This Katie Hannon is stone fucking useless. She’s attempting to referee a war of “words” between Danny McCoy, Jack Chambers, Louise O’Reilly and an odd squawk from Roisin Shortall.
It’s like listening to a flock of turkeys the week before Christmas, all gobbling away flat out.

Evidently, whoever ignores intervention and gabbles away undaunted is the winner…Remind you of…

Katie wouldn’t cut it in refereeing ladies football anyway.

2 Likes

Dead ‘ard

Anyone have access to copy and paste?

Were you mugged off with legal fees ??

The annual hullabaloo about RTÉ presenters’ salaries focuses attention on the licence fee. In this system, a captured audience is obliged to pay a fee to an organisation, whether it uses the service of not. Irish citizens risk jail if they don’t stump up to pay the salaries of these presenters. It seems quite anachronistic.
Unlike the BBC, RTÉ also raises private advertising revenue. Some justify this fee on grounds of culture, others don’t. Economically, this arrangement is a form of capitalism, “rentier capitalism”, prevalent in Ireland, where anointed organisations are preferred and are allowed to operate in a grey area – half public, half private – where budgets are soft, the market is captured and over-runs are common.
In a sense, RTÉ is the broadcasting equivalent of the Children’s Hospital. Like so many government initiatives, projects go over budget, are not finished on time and leave a sour taste in taxpayers’ mouths. Every extra fee or levy, every over-run, has to be paid for, driving the cost of living up and disposable income down. It is a pattern that comes at a huge cost particularly to our younger citizens.

There is a connection between over-runs – be they hospitals, schools, roads or public amenities – and the financial dilemmas faced by our younger generation

Right now, 54 per cent of 18-34 year olds in Ireland are living with their parents, according to Eurostat. This compares with a figure of 17 per cent in Denmark. This figure has increased by 9 per cent in Ireland since 2010; in Austria it has dropped by close to 5 per cent. Among young professionals between the ages of 25 and 29, 45 per cent still live at home.

Financial angst

The situation produces significant financial angst. In a recent Growing Up in Ireland study, 73 per cent of Irish 20-year-olds ranked attaining financial security as a “very important” goal, as opposed to only 29 per cent who wanted a good long-term relationship, and 14 per cent who said having a baby by 30 was important.

Why are our young workers being priced out of various markets? Why are they worried about financial security in what is by any world standards a wealthy economy? Why is Ireland so expensive?
There is a connection between these over-runs – be they hospitals, schools, roads or public amenities – and the financial dilemmas faced by our younger generation.
“Rentier capitalism” is the subject of a new book by Brett Christophers. It describes the type of companies that sidle up to governments and get a licence to provide some product or service that the government used to provide. This is a licence to print money, because people need to buy the product, and the rentier company has a monopoly to charge for a certain number of years as per its contract.

The land lobby’s fingerprints are everywhere, from car parks to shopping centres, to housing estates. Even our Constitution favours it. Ireland is a land rentier’s fiefdom

The Government is the largest single source of demand in this economy. Significant parts of essential government services have been outsourced – which leads to monopoly pricing by the company that gets the contract and, more egregiously, to the infantilisation of the public services when it comes to important government decisions.
The State has emasculated itself, having outsourced so much competence as to make the State useless in the face of a public threat. Such rentier-friendly policies lead to “death by consultancy”, where government departments are riddled with outside consultants, employed to do critical jobs, getting paid by you the taxpayer but having no skin in the game when the excrement hits the fan.

Complexity

By far the most important part of “rentier capitalism” is the property sector, protected by an arsenal of government interventions, from the tax system to the legal system.

3 Likes