That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

Here’s the offending piece from yesterday. Mary Wilson’s interview with Michael O’Leary and another morning Ireland interview with the vintners federation were two more examples.

If anyone has any links to further examples of RTÉ coverage that is not objective or impartial and can post links to them here then I’ll be happy to submit further complaints. Regardless of the response from rte I’ll raise it further with the BAI.

14 Likes

Sign in @Tim_Riggins @briantinnion

I’ll spend my lunch break gathering more examples.

Can we be careful we don’t show a bias to highlighting content from Mary Wilson and Claire Byrne? The two of them get lots of heat from TFKers and I’d hate to see us be labelled as misogynists. It would also weaken our argument. George Lee and others have consistently parroted the NPHET line without challenging them.

All we want is fair and balanced coverage.

6 Likes

I’m so proud of my good friend, @glasagusban

2 Likes

Can we leave Bernard O Shea out of this, I feel as if he’s been unfairly dragged into the firing range.

Complaints@rte.ie

Hello,

I would like to make a complaint about the question asked of the Taoiseach by your presenter in this segment.

Your presenter is neither objective nor impartial, as they are meant to be. The question is loaded with presumptions and ignores context. It is not reasonable for a broadcaster to present their personal speculation about a “fourth wave” as fact, or indeed to represent that the correct approach from the government is “have the bottle to resist pressure or open up and risk a fourth wave.”

I would add that the position your presenter adopts, presumptuous of further negative consequences, is of a type with the viewpoint presented by many presenters across RTÉ, with a heightened focus on negative consequences of the pandemic, and a virtue made of increased restrictions.

I trust that you will review this in light of the Broadcasting Act and BAI codes and I look forward to your response.

46 Likes

Excellent. Fair play Glas. Succinctly put :clap:

2 Likes

There’s a clatter of lads on here moaning everyday since last march and not once have they done anything about it.

I’ll be able to copy and paste the same email and fire it in to them now every time I listen to Corona virus coverage on rte.

6 Likes

When did you send it? I’ll forward something myself later but I’ll space out the timing.

That clip almost broke my serenity yesterday.

1 Like

Just before I pasted it up on here.

1 Like

the rural right wing crew must be torn on this

@glasagusban - well done

1 Like

There’s a lovely cut to @glasagusban when he gets going.

4 Likes

Like a hurler we thought tidy and a bit nice . Then pulled a right one on a dangerous opponent & got the ball as well .

1 Like

Does Drivetime only have items on it around Unions?

Well done mate

Very well put chief

Well done glas.

This mornings wonderful headline

But examine the detail and its just a guy saying its like the flu and how we live with flu every winter

Cat got your tongue @Fulvio_From_Aughnacloy
Maybe the news report wasn’t high enough on your news feed so you missed the news that he isn’t going