That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

savo?

Tomo

1 Like

looks like it came about a long time before savo got in any position of authority. i wouldnt be surprised if there was a statue to the alleged groper in the lobby of montrose

1 Like

You can look through windows pal

Not the ones I have.

2 Likes

Shes that much of a liar

Some woman for the sauce

https://twitter.com/RTERadio1/status/1668576766724648960

1 Like

https://twitter.com/BrophShane/status/1670878198270132225?t=QtaBbumnJrMVOAn2xoIgYA&s=19

1 Like

The world has gone beige.

3 Likes

What model? Male pale and stale?

:smiling_face_with_tear:

https://twitter.com/teachermike87/status/1671063040022790144?s=46&t=K27wQ5SlUD1o1nD3wyFPgA

4 Likes

Once you hit retirement age, you’re gone.
Isn’t that the rule now?
Brady 67 now…

They have to change it up. Some of those lads are not able for it anymore and some are sadly no longer with us.
RTÉ need to think of the next generation of audience coming through.
They can’t keep a Fred Cogley doing the rugby forever.

2 Likes

They need to pick 3 pundits for each sport though as an ‘A’ Panel and leave them at it.

Everyone previously knew what the ‘A’, ‘B’ & ‘C’ panels looked like, but now its just a mix and match from week to week.

When the ‘A’ Panel were on it always made you sit up and notice and they brought a big game feel to proceedings.

If TG4 have Micheal O’Domhnaill presenting with Mark Foley & Pat Fleury on anaylsis and Brian Tyers/Cathal Moore on commentary I know this is serious business.

If Marcus O’Buachalla is presenting and Naoise Waldron is alongside Macdara MacDonnacha on commentary, the sense of occasion is brought down a few notches straight away.

4 Likes

Would Giles still be clued in as to what is going on in football now? I don’t listen to much of anything, so don’t know. No issue as such replacing pundits, but replacing them just to get in “edgy” young fellas in 3 piece suits etc is ballix.
RTE should do what Italian tv shows do. Fill the screen with scantily clad big busted women.

1 Like

Damien Duff is a good pundit and doesnt give a fuck about what he says. Him and Kerr together would be good and the healy raes would be up in arms about the dub centric nature of it.
Damien Delaney is the next best. I like him. Very good analyst.

3 Likes

I think it was for the best ultimately that Dunphy/Giles/Brady and Bill all got out at the top, more or less. As much as they are missed they were all old men eventually and couldn’t stay going forever.

Getting rid of Brolly at 50 was just stupid though.

2 Likes

I heard a hilarious piece with John Giles on OTB a few weeks back. He was absolutely apoplectic about Mikel Arteta having a dog called “Win” in the Arsenal dressing room. He spent about 10 minutes repeating his disdain about having a dog in the dressing room and felt it played a significant role in Arsenals downfall in the title race. “Dogs and cats are for the home, not a dressing room Ger”.

I love the way he brings Nobby Stiles into conversations when talking about modern day footballers. Like clockwork.

6 Likes

Duff and Kerr together would be too dour and peevish I’d say. Both are withered cranky fuckers.

1 Like