That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

Your ears would probably bleed listening to anyone on that channel, spin south west is worse
But in answer to @TheUlteriorMotive, radio is still very popular with the kids

It seems the kids aren’t alright after all.

Is it?
Outside of a car journey or background in a kitchen?

Are they still listening in bedrooms like years ago.

Was thinking the same myself? Does any kid listen to a radio show anymore when they can listen to anything they want when they want online?
Back when I was a young fella, a DJ might announce “tune in tomorrow after 6 for the brand new single from Guns N Roses”, and you’d tune in to hear it. I would imagine old time DJs would have fancied themselves as “taste makers”, and I suppose they were with the amount of payola going on in the old days.
I often tune in to Paul McCloone and the likes in the car and fair enough, he’s playing decent enough music and it’s good for the car journey, but he seems to be trying to make out that all this music is oh so important. THE NATIONAL WILL BE APPEARING THIS SUMMER!! THE BRAND NEW SINGLE FROM THE NATIONAL (so fucking what)
Talk radio might have some relevance, but with so many podcasts now, where do you go…

1 Like

It’s still very relevant in my experience, spin south west is huge here in Limerick for the u15s (approx)
My kids would have the radio on in the house quite a lot, in their rooms as well,

1 Like

She’s horrendous mate. Anytime she fills in she takes over the whole show. Zamparelli is much better

Less shit is what you were looking for.

1 Like

Fired in effect.

They’ve merged the Swindon and Slough branch?

I try to tune in with an open mind. It’s utter shite. The future of Ireland is fucked.

Fired — takes a bit to get fired by RTE and wasnt she one of their bigger names? What did she do?

Ah, I see … she wouldnt move slot.

Who was fired?

I’d say she’s making a lot more going around the place playing cds live than she does on the radio

Probably goes into Tesco a few hours before the gig and buys cut price compilation CDs…

Jenny Greene

I grew up with Tony Fenton and Simon Young , Barry Lang, Dusty Rhodes and Sandy Beach, Robin Banks etc, mainstream pop music radio has always been shit

Atlantic252

2 Likes

And you never thought about getting into radio yourself?

4 Likes

Obviously not as good a politician as the other two.