That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

Now That’s What I Call Dance 46

Ravey Friday with Lottie is a great way to start the weekend.

2FM seems to have been massively loss making for years. Not sure there is any reason for tax money to prop it up - is there a public interest in a music station that plays the same music as commercial stations

http://www.ibireland.ie/ibi-calls-for-investigation-into-public-funding-of-rte-2fm-by-joint-oireachtas-committee-on-communications/

https://www.rte.ie/annualreport/pdfs/RTE_Annual_Report_2017.pdf

Page 16 shows it is subsidized by about 5m A year

Page 25 is bad reading for the rugby crowd like @Little_Lord_Fauntleroy and @Horsebox

1 Like

Very informative.

Well, back then, mainstream radio was Bowie, Queen etc. Hardly shite.

Gig opens up for Al porter for a comeback. Als pals will take the pickings then

I’d have been happy to have paid €0.80 a year in taxes towards it if they’d kept Fanning’s Fab 50, Moloney After Midnight and Mickey Mac playing house music on Saturday evenings.

5 Likes

It died with Gerry Ryan lads .

It was Kylie and Sonia and the Reynolds sisters and NKOTB, Milli Vanilli etc etc

Pop music today is as good as it ever was,

Fanning was prime time back then wasnt he? I remembering tuning in at a young age listening to him debate the Smiths v Morrissey not really know who either band were. - do they have an equivalent now? But music is so bland now you dont need a prime time show I suppose.

Eh Morrissey was in the Smiths.

1 Like

at 8/9 I wasnt aware of that mate.

1 Like

He could have meant Louise Morrissey. She wasn’t in The Smiths.

1 Like

Well, you had Queen Inuendo and Iron Maiden as number ones in the early 90s. Would something like that happen today with singles? One a prog rock band, the other a cheesey metal band…

Fuck sake.

Every generation thinks music was better in their day.

I’m with @backinatracksuiton this one. Lottie is grand. Zamparelli is painful to listen to. The RTÉ head honchos seem to love her

They are both utter shite … Lottie is beyond dull and her voice is painful.

Lots and lots of good music about today but you wont hear it on 2fm anyway…

It’s a poor mans spin south west