That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

Rte are appalling. There have been a good number of amateur timing issues in the last few weeks for anyone eagle eyed watching the news. It’s like a transition year student has had the reins on cues (?) for the news. For the six one news earlier the camera turned to Keelin (?) after a particular segment and she was kind of bemused/disgusted looking and just sat there with a smirk for a few seconds, until the camera then shot to her co anchor who delivered the next piece.

There was another episode a few weeks ago where the auld fella Joe Kelly or whatever his name is who does the sport led us into some mickey mouse feature about the special Olympics or whatever but then when it cut to the piece they never turned off his mic and he was there roaring “WHO AM I HANDING IT BACK TO, YOU KEELIN OR RAY?”. Dreadful, unprofessional stuff to be sitting through as a viewer.

7 Likes

On Sunday that Joe Kelly was reading out the NFL Div 4 results and says there were wins for Waterford … and the screen shows the score Waterford 2-9 London 1-14. The actual score was 2-9 to 0-7.

Yer man on the left looks like a slightly sinister Bill Bailey. The fella on the right looks like some fella they’ve greenscreened in to do sign-language. The arms will start waving any minute.

2 Likes

I blame a clearly unhappy work environment within RTE on what has become an expected daily mishap with their live news output. I mean you have Sharon Ni Bheolan making a formal complaint against her fellow news reader Catriona Perry. Joe Kelly roaring at the news anchors between segments then when he thought the mic was cut etc. There’s too many women have been pushed too soon into prominent positions so that the channel can embrace gender equality and the result is they’re all bitching with each other.

1 Like

Do you guys mean Joe Stack? I can’t place a Joe Kelly. Think there’s a non-entity ex TV3 Dub called Dave Kelly in the sports department too.

Baldy chap.

You’re right it’s Joe Stack not Joe Kelly.

1 Like

Is Eamon Horan still around? You rarely see him on nowadays.

His little match reports on the Six One News on championship Sunday’s are woeful.

“The Rebel’s started well with Pat Horgan leading the way” his voiceover says as the camera shows Horgan tapping over a 21 yard free straight in front of goal…

before his next line is “But Cian Lynch was determined the Treaty Men would not be outdone” as the footage shows him blasting a goal.

The visually impaired wouldn’t be any the wiser as to how the match went.

2 Likes

That’s a very accurate analogy. Eamon Horan is indeed still around, I posted a picture of him a few weeks ago in another thread presenting the sports segment in an awful pair of brown shoes with a navy/black suit.

1 Like

I think on RTÉ sports there are a few rules to follow
Use county nickname at all times eg the Banner raced into an early lead
A point is always referred to as raisin a whit flag
A goal is always a geeen flag, previously a major.
Managers name needs to be mentioned eg Davy Fitzgerald charges made a good start to the second half
The final clip has to show a completely uneventful piece of action when the ref blows the final whistle.

Wolly noted in his podcast that if Marty Morrissey is doing a non match piece from a county he will always be recorded standing bedside a river.

17 Likes

Lads

The new programme on RTE where Marty Morrissey and Bernard O Shea live the life of male models could well break the INTERNET

1 Like

What?

I’ve seen the trailer for this. Marty well on his way to being a gay icon.

1 Like

It was very disturbing.

Marty generally looks like he has a hair full of sperm.

Anyone watching the six one news here now? When the opening credits stopped rolling and the music faded away we were left with these two idiots looking at each other to see who was going to start leading first. There was a small pause while Catriona Perry started rocking her head back and forward and mouthing with her lips “you go”. Here’s a picture of the moment but not sure if it accurately conveys the confusion that was in the studio regarding who would open the show.

5 Likes

That, or those other collection of flutes out in Morocco?

1 Like

You’re nailing these bastards lately pal … keep up the good work.

1 Like

This shows the levels you must aspire to when hoping to emulate @Smark in the sleuthing department. No movement / nûance too miniscule to notice and file away.
His investigative summary into the McCann case is probably being templated in MI5 as I write.

3 Likes