That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

The CFO paying herself a redundancy when she wasn’t even redundant is surely fraud

1 Like

It just seems like they had no governance rules at all. She was probably entitled to it once she said she could give herself the cash. It reminds me of Berties mate kiely fleecing the crc.

100%. If another organisation was behaving like this RTÉ would, rightly, hound them. This drip-feed, where ever answer has to be beaten out of them, is what will doom RTÉ

1 Like

Ah shtop .

Bakhurst fancies himself as a hard man,
I suspect he’s no better than what preceded him

1 Like

Bakhurst is like Leo - full of big talk about his minions but ultimately toothless

2 Likes

Given what’s coming out She could probably make a strong case that there is no CFO at the wheel .

Toy Show Coveney got a pay off for retiring after the musical flop

You couldn’t make it up

I thought I read that her redundancy was approved after she made a business case for her role and duties to be carried out by other people so it would effectively save RTE money.

I wonder is she getting her pension now on top of the lump sum?

This is the easy part, pointing out all that went on before he started. The real work starts now

He got rid of Tubs when he shoved it up to him.
Credit wheres its due.

He has poor Tubbers living out of a rucksack in a bedsit in Harlesden five days a week.

8 Likes

Very specific taxation benefits to a real redundancy so if it wasn’t that then serious case to answer … otherwise everyone could get there last few years of salary paid out as redundancy rather than salary and pay no tax

4 Likes

Based on evidence so far,enough for Revenue to get involved?

Yes, as well as other law enforcement/regulators

2 Likes

Tubs is living the dream mate. Going to shows in the West End every night.

1 Like

What’s the threshold before you pay tax on redundancy lump sum ?

he posted a picture of himself playing scrable in a wetherspoons last night, he’s really living it up

7 Likes

Bakehurst absolute nailed the bastard into the wall

2 Likes

200k but it’s taken into account for your pension lump sum too I think

2 Likes