That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

I heard a story before that Simon was going to completely blow up in Hollywood but they needed him to either lose a tonne of weight or get even fatter and he wouldn’t do it.

1 Like

What makes Marty Whelan a “legend”?

The problem is that a lot of these musicians wouldn’t be able to present a music programme. It’s a completely different skill set, but a few music courses at third level are starting to introduce more radio and podcasting modules to enable the students to have more opportunities post college.

6 Likes

I had no choice but to listen to either 2fm or Spin SW up until this time last year when himself left school. The decline into mind numbing scutter over the years was painful. Throw in the cash machine which is absolutely appalling and my blood pressure was setting all sorts of records. The simple pleasure of putting on a podcast after the ‘Bantz’ was unreal.

1 Like

That’s a fair point, but of the available talent (that word talent actually means something here) there’s definitely a few who’d make a fist of it.

Agreed. I spend a lot of time in the car.

1 Like

A legendary fifth-rate Terry Woogn tribute act is the most be is. All the ersatz bonhomie and shite attempts to appear funny would give you heartburn of the arse. Apart from that he’s probably alright - as a washing powder salesman.

I suppose if thats all his audience require.

Beautifully put

1 Like

The “trust me I’m delicious” strong Mayo chap from the Internet touted as a replacement for the Two Johnnies. Just to ensure that 2fm maintains the Muldoon demographic

1 Like

Tsk.

“Try me”

“Follow me”

2 Likes

Goddamnit. Wrong on the internet :man_facepalming:t2:

Garron Noone. He’s a nice lad to be fair. A talented singer and comical.

5 Likes

That’s the one… “Follow me, I’m delicious”

1 Like

He has the looks for radio - I enjoys his videos on the odd occasion I scroll onto one.

3 Likes

A very good singer too.

1 Like

We will only truly appreciate Marty when he is gone.

https://twitter.com/rte_co/status/1806072832453120059?t=rw75iPBR603Lvh8vtYjfDg&s=19

1 Like

Pat was the voice of the youth back then. He was also riding absolute rings around himself

1 Like

I remember him as a dashing young conservative fannying about the place. Who would of thought he would turn into a tight fisted aul fuddy duddy?

1 Like