That's it ! everybody in RTE should be executed forthwith

Des Curran seems to be sharing lead commentary duties with Darragh Maloney these days. If Maloney’s presenting in studio then Curran does commentary but every other game we’ll be inflicted with the Maloney/Whelan combo & Cantwell or Collins presenting. Curran is an affable sort but he doesn’t have that big game voice & he overdoes the facts/stats to make himself look knowledgeable.

“Irish fans might be familiar with the Armenian number 7 who actually played against St Pat’s in a Europa League qualifier back in 2019.” Sure Des.

4 Likes

He was rejected by RADA I read

Darragh Maloney is perhaps the worst commentator on RTÉ and that’s saying something.

2 Likes

Ger Canning surely

1 Like

Hugh Cahill.

2 Likes

A clown too

George and ger canning were the voiceovers to an INCREDIBLE amount of ICONIC moments despite no one seeming to like them. About 20 times more each than Micheal o muireafarthaigh

He’s painful. He’s like your girlfriend rabbitting on beside you about shit in Penneys while your trying to watch the game.
The art of commentary is knowing when to shut the fuck up and let people watch the game.

1 Like

2nd worst. Currans the worstester

The last thing we need is irrelevant football coverage

Don’t even try to compare those 2 spoofers to Micheal.

1 Like

You’ve kind of proved my point there. The unbelievable esteem he’s held in yet every single all Ireland final in hurling and football and most other big gaa matches you watched in your life were done by ger canning. And more or less every single big Irish soccer match in the glory years was done by George Hamilton. Good and all we he was you heard bits of Micheal here and there if you were in the car on a Sunday and thats it.

He gave a Tour de France at euro 2020 with AIRR NON DEEZ playing for France.

Michael’s coverage of every AI final was an art form. Every other commentary needs viewers. With Michael all you had to do was listen.

1 Like

Pretty sure George it was George who started that craic. He used to refer to John Carew as John Kaw-Rev, or something along those lines.

1 Like

Correct. John Karriff. Soren Lerboo. This lad plays for Brondboo

1 Like

Yeah but who listens to the all Ireland final on the radio. I know there were some put his commentary on and watched on TV but that was niche enough

John where were

In fairness we go mental about Mac rath and muh ran so this is the exact same thing.

I’m going to put my foot down here. Jimmy Magee started the Soren Lerboo craic at the 1984 Euros.

The lag between the radio and TV commentary would be infuriating. You’d have heard was happening well before it transpired on screen.