The 2 Johnnies Appreciation Thread

Like the Unbelievables in fairness. Shortt carrying Kenny for years.

2 Likes

100%

Most double acts were the same,the chuckle brothers blues brothers etc

Bazza?

Iā€™ll miss their ā€œgetting out the gapā€ tunes of a Friday evening to be fair on 2fm.

2 Likes

Which of the Blues Brothers do you think was the funny one?

Shortt is completely unfunny without Kenny though and as a double act they were very good.

I reckon Kenny carried a fair bit of the creativity there, you see how funny Shortt was with Killinaskully and that with a team of writers. And with basically stealing the format for the show from Dā€™Unbelievables characters.

Shortt was certainly the funnier of the pair. But you need a straight man too.

Kenny is also completely unfunny without Shortt. Even more so.

1 Like

Crimebusters is up there with one of the funniest sketches.

Timmy Ryan and the school teacher are great sketches too.

1 Like

The civil defence men were class. No ticket no in ye may as well go back to town enjai yereselves

Who are their agents? And Doireann G too, the same as Tubs? :thinking:

Dā€™Wedding is one of the best shows I have ever seen. The belltable really suited it with a crowd in the small foyer before and at HT.

Joe Clarke manages them. Heā€™s been mentioned here before. Anyone from Limerick over a certain age will know of Joe.

1 Like

Thereā€™s so many classics in that Crimebusters sketch if youā€™re of a certain age and grew up in rural Irelandā€¦PJ will get the book out lads, the statue of our lady doubling up as the superintendent during the reenactment of the robberyā€¦

1 Like

From my recollection of the live Dā€™Unbelievables video, the best scenes were Kenny as the hurling selector and recounting being drunk at the funeral and getting a fit of reversing.

Neither much use without the other, Iā€™m amazed they never revived it. But supposedly neither the easiest to work with.

The two johnnies are going in with tubs under his podcast Iā€™m told

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl:

A perfect match really.

Tubs ya cunt yer like a gooses shite - the same width the whole way op.
Fuck ye bize!

The Odd Throuple?

Bucks and Books