The 2 Johnnies Appreciation Thread

No like it’s be a platform. Tubs is creating like a sky box of podcasts of sorts I guess.

I often thought about it for sport. You’d subscribe for what you like but it would be under one banner.

Ah ok. I just thought you were taking the absolute piss…

So he’s setting up a podcasters premium service? And he wants lads who already coin it to join up and pay him? Id imagine thered be something in it for the likes of off the ball and parkinson who need listeners but apparently the johnnies already have loads of subscribers?

I guess you can always have more

I’d be surprised if they did that to be honest. They’ve spent a lot creating their own podcast studio. I thought they might get other podcasts in themselves.

Hopefully Jamie Heaslip finally gets to put out that podcast

This is a mad sub culture. Thousands wearing their county colours & 2 Johnnies official merch. Daithi O’Sé as MC. The boys on stage doing “sketches” & singing songs as different characters. “My underpants…they are thermal - I get a horn from The Farmer’s Journal.” All I can say is, fucking hell.

Five/5ive were absolutely fantastic though. Keep on Movin was iconic.

18 Likes

Youngsters these days are really into roaster behaviour,even the townies.Look at the music they’re listening too.The Tumbling Paddy’s Whistling Donkeys etc.Playing old tunes with newer ones thrown in too.I think it’s savage,long may it continue.

1 Like

That Grassmen thing seems to be very prevalent too

Ah yeah that’s going a long time,sure look at the ploughing now.Its a day out on the beer to see Derek Ryan or The tumbling Paddy’s

I know of a girl from the south-east who got the two boys signature tattooed on her arm. That’s the level of dedication you have to strive for in order to be considered a Two Johnnies super fan. Any other titbits from the night out?

1 Like

:grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing::grimacing:

:face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye::face_with_peeking_eye:

Let’s hope so

The sketch/yarns part was just a prelude (is that the word?) & Craig “re rewind when the crowd say bo selecta” David did a set. Then there was a Maura’s Mystery Guests segment to warm the crowd up. Maura seems to be on their podcast - the way Tommy & Hector had a token lass. Mickey Joe Harte, some auld lad from Clare & Mark McCabe of Maniac 2000 fame did their thing.

The 2 Johnnies main event part was actually singing then. They have a full band & a lot of it is spoken word/rhymes but the Johnny B chap sings a bit alright. They apparently released their first album recently & it went to #1 in Ireland.

A lot of people were just there for the pints in a field (name of the show) & the sunshine. Plenty of folk wearing the merch & some bewildered looking tourists (you just know they’re tourists by their demeanour & garb) headed off early in their set when the sun went down & it got a bit cold.

It’s totally harmless & good natured but it’s Richie Kavanaghesque double entendres. Songs about a young wan loving mickey & willie…she dumped Mickey O’Brien & hooked up with Willie Ryan. A friend called Tommy whose missus left him & moved to Westmeath…”do you think she’s better off in Athlone?” Stuff about the hurling team & the junior bs & I heard Henry Shefflin, Eoin Kelly & Mickey Cahill mentioned in the lyrics. A song about a fine young wan working in the deli…“I’m in love with the girl from the deli / She’s even better than the ones on the telly” etc etc. Rasher was rhymed with lasher & buttered roll with savage hole.

Muldoons lapping it up. It was like a GAA festival around south Dublin Bay North yesterday & I’d a grand day of pints, chit chat & sunshine.

10 Likes

By all accounts last night was some heap of muck.

You don’t need to be fit when you’ve got good hands

1 Like

At least these boys are out grafting unlike that cunt Lottie Ryan stealing a living off the auld lads name.

5 Likes

Minor trials they wouldn’t pass me the ball

1 Like

Typical Thurles Sars & Killenaule.

1 Like

What did I do John?

Just. checked out the track listing on their debut album.

No. Title Length
1. “The Gaa, the Ska, the Ra” 2:51
2. “Jays I’d Murder a Pint” 3:07
3. “Deli Girl” 2:55
4. “Country Boys” 3:26
5. “Tommy” 2:31
6. “Mad for Mickey” 2:30
7. “An Old School Goalie Jersey” 2:51
8. “King of the Town” 4:04
9. “Pints” 2:53
10. “The Woman from Ballaghadereen” 3:28
11. “The Clare Cailín” 3:28