The 2010 January Transfer Window Thread

Think we might need one of these considering that the rumours will start doing the rounds now.

The best bit of transfer gossip so far has got to be this one.

AC Milan and Juventus are weighing up a shock bid for Gary Cahill after quizzing Fabio Capello on the merits of the Bolton defender. The Italian giants are both said to have turned to their former manager for a scouting report.

I eagerly await KIB Man’s take on this bit of news.

[quote=“myboyblue”]
I eagerly await KIB Man’s take on this bit of news.[/quote]

I don’t.

He’s a very good player in fairness, i don’t know how Villa let him go so cheaply, idiots.

Did they not get about 5 million for him, after a handful of first team appearances and some U21 performances for Engalnd. Thought they got the better end of the deal at the time tbh.

Reminds me a bit of when Micah Richards first burst on the scene and there was talk of 20m offers on the table. Turns out the chap is fairly muck - would fetch fook all now.

Was reading on bbc.co.uk/football that Spurs could be in for Anton Ferdinand. WTF! He is muck!

Harry’ll probably make a few quid from it. That’s the only reason I can think of.

[quote=“myboyblue”]Think we might need one of these considering that the rumours will start doing the rounds now.

The best bit of transfer gossip so far has got to be this one.

I eagerly await KIB Man’s take on this bit of news.[/quote]

Another ringing endorsement of the Aston Villa academy :clap:

Could also be said its sad to see how far the Italian clubs have fallen when they have to scout players from the basement of the EPL.

Sol Campbell has walked out on Notts County - after only one match. The former England defender has asked County to tear up his 10million, five-year contract having spent most of his time at the newly wealthy League Two club on the sidelines.
Campbell packed his boots and said his goodbyes after training on Tuesday as his gamble to drop out of the Barclays Premier League backfired spectacularly.

Sol, Sol, where ever you may be…

Zenit St Petersburg are ready to re-sign Andrey Arshavin as part of long-term plans to be one of the biggest clubs in Europe. Billionaire backers Gazprom are ready to increase their investment in the Russian club following the start of construction on a 62,000-seat stadium bearing the company’s name

[quote=“KIB man”]Another ringing endorsement of the Aston Villa academy :clap:

Could also be said its sad to see how far the Italian clubs have fallen when they have to scout players from the basement of the EPL.[/quote]

or it could just be a shit rumour- considering how poorly star villa centre backs have done in Italy i doubt an italian team would be into an villa player

Arsenal and Manchester City are ready to do battle for the signature of Barcelona veteran Carles Puyol, according to reports in Spain. City have been linked with the Spain international since the summer, and now the Gunners have emerged as rival bidders. The 31-year-old is out of contract at the Nou Camp next summer and feels may now be the right time to test himself abroad.

Spurs are considering a bid for Man Citys Michael Johnson.

If you’re wondering why Michael hasn’t been heard of recently, well he’s been a injured a bit, and drinking a lot if rumours are to be believed.

Here is a picture of Michael taken this season.

is there any chance of Aidan mcgeady leaving celtic? he has great potential but i dont think he will ever improve if he doesnt leave the spl. the standard is around 1st division standard in england. and unfortunately thats the reality.

Zaki in amazing rant against Portsmouth identities
23.11.09 | tribalfootball.com
READ MORE NEWS ON: Portsmouth
Egypt striker Amr Zaki has all but wrecked his chances of playing again in England an amazing rant.

Zaki has ruined any slim chance he had of moving to Portsmouth by insisting he will not play alongside players of Israeli or Algerian descent.

Zaki’s comments come on the back of Egypt’s controversial World Cup Play-Off clash against Nadir Belhadj and Hassan Yebda’s Algeria which the Pharaoh’s lost 1-0.

Zaki is quoted by the Portsmouth News saying: "I refused their offer before, but now joining Portsmouth is no longer an option for me.

"After Portsmouth signed an Israeli player (Tal Ben Haim) and also hired an Israeli football director (Avram Grant), a possible move was ruled out.

“On top of that, no way could I play at Portsmouth with an Algerian (Nadir Belhadj) within in their ranks.”

I see yesterday that Liverpool are linked with Ruud Van Nistlerooy.

It is too late but buying someone of his quality is always welcome.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]I see yesterday that Liverpool are linked with Ruud Van Nistlerooy.

It is too late but buying someone of his quality is always welcome.[/quote]

He’d be eligible for the Europa League, right?

:clap:

We are not likely to get into that!