The 32nd Dáil Eireann

Poor Timmy Dooley was attacked on his way to the Dail today. I wonder was it a Healy Rae yahoo who got a tad over excited about being in the big smoke. :slight_smile:

A disgusting attack on democracy

What’s the story here? Is it only Martin v Kenny as Taioseach options? Could Varadkar not have thrown his name in? Is it a caretaker Taioseach role?

Actually the two boys didn’t get a majority, Martin or Kenny. Gerry Adams being nominated now and they going to vote on him for Taoiseach and he there laughing his head off at it. :grinning:

Here is Adams reacting to the news from the ceann comhairle that he’s been nominated for Taioseach. :laughing:

The Dail session today has been “a holy show” according to some woman guest on the panel.

2 Likes

Probably the handbag snatcher he bravely tackled in a set up situation last year was left short-changed by Timmy and sought recompense via a few belts at him.
Second possibility: Another stunt gone awry due to bad planning.

Whose that gimp that keep roaring “Up the Kingdom” every time the Healy Rae’s are captured dancing on the TV? Is he next in line? One of the sons i presume. He’s a black haired fella in his 30s by the looks of it and is very prominent around the two lads when cameras are there.

1 Like

He seems like a right simpleton.

2 Likes

They all look like simpletons but they rule kerry. I don’t know if that means the people of kerry are taking the piss or maybe everyone is a simpleton down there.:grin:

Adams and O’Caolain got 24 votes each for CC and Taoiseach. I wonder where the non SF vote came from? I presuming it’s Pringle.

Independent TD Seamus Healy from Tipp was the other to vote for Adams.

1 Like

I believe it’s Johnny Healy Rae, a nephew to Danny and Michael. He’s a county councillor.

Can someone explain to me what was the point of today? How much did the taxpaper fork out for that junket. The whole lot of them should be fucking ashamed of themselves. No government. Not even a sign of one and they all hanging around like fucking peacocks. The only one that gained today was the new Ceann Caimhrle. They should all be locked in a room for the next month and either form a government or call another election.

A fucking farce

1 Like

Cllr. Johnnie Healy Rae to you sir. Future TD if not indeed a Minister. Tipped to take the 3rd. seat in Kerry next time with his sister,the new councillor contesting the Seanad vote.
Could you make it up…

Not hard to see how the Brits kept us down for 800 years.

3 Likes

we’ll have to go again, fuck out all those Sinn fein cunts and a lot of those independents

Will you fuck off with that “cost to the tax payer” shit, its childish and the hallmark of people who don’t know what’s going on. Its a constitutional requirement that the Dáil meets after an election.

3 Likes

2 Likes

FF are a bigger cancer on Irish society than FG.

At least The Blueshirts are less duplicitous about what they are and stand for, FF stand for pretty much the exact same thing but have become adept at the art of spinning it differently. Their latest stunt in not entering into government with FG is a blatant a show of stroke, opportunistic politics as you’re likely to see.

What tops it off for me is they still have the gall to call themselves republican when they are partitionist by definition. They have shown from their inception that they couldn’t give two fucks about the north and many of their policies are inherently anti-reunification.

Fuck FF, fuck them up the ass.

7 Likes

This talk from Fianna Fail Members of Parliament about the mandate they’ve been given is quite amusing. Historically for the guts of 80 years, it was a national crisis if Fianna Fail’s vote dipped below 40%. Professor Ahern recorded 39.3% of the vote in 1997, 41.3% in 2002 and 41.5% in 2007. This new kid on the block Champ Martin, untainted by the sins of his forefathers presided over a collapse in the Fianna Fail vote to 17.4% in 2011. In reality they’ve gained back a small portion of their core vote who deserted them in 2011 after Fianna Fail ceded sovereignty to the IMF and have crawled back up to 24.3% this time around.